• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pattypat25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Got a chance to shoot a new Governor over the weekend. Serial #8. It's my dads revolver. Pretty sweet shooting gun i must say. It's very accurate with the 45 ACP. I didn't get a chance to shoot the .410 as my brothers used it all up before i had a chance. 45 long colt was good also. This is definitely something I am going to add to the list.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I am sure the smithy is fine but just a copy of the original judge in my opinion...

I've made this comparison before, but I think it's apt again.

This is very much like saying "Well, I'm sure the Ferrari is fine, but it's just a copy of the original Ford".

While I haven't handle the Smith yet, I guarantee it's better made than anything Taurus has ever made, as is always the case. Yes, the Taurus will work, yes it will shoot, but it's simply not as well made.

canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    Heritage Arms is jumping on the band wagon too. Has anyone got their hands on the Rough rider .45/.410 yet?

Original or copy, I don't think I would turn down any of them.

Scott

shortyforty

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    middlebury
    got a chance to handle one last weekend seems way to big to be practical for anything other than home defense,not bashing i owned a judge and had the same opinion then as i do now great range toy to big to carry and not my first choice for home defense

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I love my Judge, so I would think the Govenor would be comparable. I would definately add it to your list. I can carry mine IWB comfortably and without printing, which I thought was amazing. Again I love my Judge.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I am sure the smithy is fine but just a copy of the original judge in my opinion...

Really isn't every gun, other than the few game changers, just a copy with a few improvements. I am sure glad that every one copied the 1911, it sure has made for some awesome handguns.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Meh, wasn't a fan of the Judge. So I cant get into this. Not bashing, just not my thing.

Same here, just not a fan of .410 handguns. Can they shoot slugs? Nope, not rated for them. Which means they probably aren't strength rated for hunting load strength .45 colts (edit-apparently they can).

I'll keep using my Ruger Blackhawk that is rated for hunting loads and if I want I'll shoot shot shells through it.

But.... the Smith is better looking than the Taurus, and I'd trust the strength of a Smith frame over a Taurus any day. And it's nice that Smith made the Governer to shoot the ACP too, having a 3 in 1 handgun is a great idea.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom