• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    I just went and ground the nub off of the ILS flag, and was wondering if anyone else has done this. I'm happy that the lock is disabled, but don't like that the flag now rattles, and pops up when the gun is held upside down. Has anyone found a good fix for that? I was considering leaving the gun in the Locked position, and grinding down the flag. I also considered removing the flag, but don't want the small hole, or the gap beside the trigger. I guess I could also epoxy the flag in place, but concerned about glue chunks being knocked loose and falling into the trigger group. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

34oSc

I dunno, that epoxy deal don't sound too good to me-might shoot loose and cause you trouble.
    I guess the only safe thing you could do is get a new part and go back to stock, sell the pistol and get a no-lock model.
    I'm gonna state the obvious, but your nuts are gonna be in a 1 way vise if anything bad ever happens with that pistol.
    YMMV

shawkpilot

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    You guys are making it seem like I turned it into a full auto. I just disabled the Clinton lock. The gun still functions just like every other J-Frame gun made for the last 100 years. I don't have a tendency of selling any of my guns. I just wanted to know how others who have done this procedure, and there are a BUNCH of them, have dealt with the rattle.

34oSc

No, I don't think you've committed a mortal sin, and I'm sorry and I apologize if I came across that way. You have the right and option to customize your firearms in any legal way.
    For me the potential liability would outweigh the benefits.

Top Bottom