• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    It is extremely frustrating for me to see all that happens in California, I know that many good people live there but they should leave like I did when I saw all the bs going on there.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    IMO, if Colt leaves CT and Remington leaves NY it would be big time news. The media could not ignore it. If all firearm manufacturers followed Ruger's lead in CA it would make me very happy.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Unfortunately without a big $$ impact the uninformed masses don't and won't care. They will continue on in their Hollywood directed dream world and blame everyone else when the SHTF.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    Commiefornia, New York, etc. can ignore the constitution and nothing is done. So why can't Indiana ignore all of the NFA laws and justify it the same way? Why we're at it let's drop the LTCH crap as well. We need some states to start taking this the other direction and giving back our rights. Let's see how long it takes before people start moving to the newly freed states.

mvriley315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2008
    Mooresville
    Unfortunately without a big $$ impact the uninformed masses don't and won't care. They will continue on in their Hollywood directed dream world and blame everyone else when the SHTF.

So true Chewie, "Hollywood directed dream world"!!!! So many people just don't have clue one what is really going on in the country, but yet they will vote for whoever promises to give them the most. Just my opinion.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    IMO, if Colt leaves CT and Remington leaves NY it would be big time news. The media could not ignore it. If all firearm manufacturers followed Ruger's lead in CA it would make me very happy.

The residents of NY and CA would probably be happy as well. They wouldn't have the black stain of the baby killer factories on their record anymore.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    The lefty's in California must be falling all over themselves high fiving. This is exactly what they hoped for and it is coming to pass. You will soon see the same legislation in all of the States where radical leftists are in power.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County

Thats what I was thinking...somewhat.

I wonder if there's enough voting populace in Cali any more to kick out the Anti-2nd ammendment folks. I talked to one gun owner out there(northern Cali guy...loves hunting and fishing). He was pretty out of touch with how far Cali was out of whack with the rest of the country. He's a hunter. 3 or 4 rounds and a bolt action and he's happy. They start going after all high powered hunting rifles and he'll notice...but self defense and AR's...he didn't pay much attention.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County

I wonder if there's enough voting populace in Cali any more to kick out the Anti-2nd ammendment folks. I talked to one gun owner out there(northern Cali guy...loves hunting and fishing). He was pretty out of touch with how far Cali was out of whack with the rest of the country. He's a hunter. 3 or 4 rounds and a bolt action and he's happy. They start going after all high powered hunting rifles and he'll notice...but self defense and AR's...he didn't pay much attention.
    This is exactly why, as gun owners, we ALL must stick together. Hand gunners, shot gunners, riflemen, and NFA owners. Divide and conquer, oldest tactic in the world.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

THIS! I've met a few Californians and they've had this mentality when I talked to them about Cali and firearms. The voting population there is bought out by politicians with entitlements, subsidies and good ol' fashioned lowest common denominator pandering, all that we have to pay for b/c the politicians in Cali seem to think they are a utopia, paid for with the rest of the Nation's tax dollars in bailouts.

That being said: Despite them being dropped off the citizen's "okay" list, I can't imagine them being taken off the police's "okay" list. This is a win/win for Cali in disguise. We hail the move, but don't know that the police are going to get whatever weapons they want, approved list or not. I cannot imagine Smith or even Ruger dropping any lucrative police contracts. I thought it was funny, actually funny when Barrett said no Cali sales, even to .gov. How many .50 cals did the police employ in that state? I'm willing to bet I could count on 1 hand the number they have and wouldn't need to even count how many times they actually used them. I''m a salesperson by trade: It's easy to deny a sale when there is no market. :twocents:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There is a distinct advantage to moving the armories of the republic into conservative states. Next time the SHTF, the great armories will be in the right (and right wing) hands. Put those manufacturers anywhere in the heartland—Indiana, Texas, or any of the conservative states—and I am happy.

Top Bottom