• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Has anyone purchased the new Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22? I saw them at the Indy 1500 yesterday. Anyone have any opinions on them?

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I picked one up a couple of weeks ago at the Fort Wayne gun show. I have yet to get out and shoot it, but hope to soon. When I do I will put up a review. Hope you do the same.

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    INGO is great, but the search engine is not! I could not get the search engine to bring up anything on the 15-22 either.

I bought a MP 15-22 at the 1500, can't wait to try it out.

GlockMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I would like to read the threads on the 15-22. If you happen to see them please post a link here. I have done some manual searches and have not been able to find them.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I purchased a 15-22 and couldn't be happier. It will eat any brand of ammo EXCEPT Remington golden bullet. Many reports show that the remington will sometimes not go fully into battery and cause a out of battery mini explosion which results in blowing the ejector and extractor out of the ejection port. Stay with Federal, CCI, Aguila or Winchester and your good.

Have I tried Remington Golden Bullet ? NO, again enough reports show it's a major problem in this gun. Just thought I would give a heads up on this issue so no one learns the hard way and has to send their gun back to S&W.

I sent my barrel out for threading for a standard A2 flash hider last week and should get it back this week. Plus many other accessories.

GlockMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Thanks for the search string to use. I was able to find the other threads. I may have to consider picking one of these up. I did see a Colt Umarex for around $500. I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money for the Colt.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Only downside on the Colt/Uramex is that it's a two piece barrel and the bolt hold open/release is non functional. Just there for looks but the gun does have a metal upper.

The S&W is made here in the states and uses a one piece barrel made by Thompson Center and claims to be match grade. All other options are fully functional and interchangeable with AR-15 parts.

You decide... ?

Top Bottom