• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    I am having all kinds of fits trying to find this gun. Call me impatient, but all I've found are waiting lists. Anyone know where I can just buy one off the shelf? Or better yet, does anyone know a vendor that going to the 1500 that's going to have an abundance of these?

deo62

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Peru
    have you tried Down by the tracks in galveston? Last i was there they carried a handful of smith ar s. their information is on here somewhere

Mcglockin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    If you find one get it, because there are waiting lists for months.... Ed Hirschy has some but be prepared to pay about 740-750 bucks if you go that route....

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    I could give you a list of shops on the south side of Indy where you CAN'T find one lol. I gave up and bought a better AR from the classifieds. It was either that or a new Del-Ton from Indy Trading Post. Both seemed like good choices, but I think I made the right choice (especially if .223gunner is watching:rockwoot:)

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    A friend just picked one up at Elmore's in Greenwood. I think it was $625 plus tax. He had to get a AR after shooting mine..... one mag and he was infected with BRD!:ar15:

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    A friend just picked one up at Elmore's in Greenwood. I think it was $625 plus tax. He had to get a AR after shooting mine..... one mag and he was infected with BRD!:ar15:

I picked one up there they had another that may have been the one he was referring to but I couldn't pass up 625 was the best deal on any AR I could find!

Last edited:

THolland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    S&W AR

I'm glad I got mine whene I did, bought one around 1st of the year from Gander for $650. Been checking back to see if they have any in and they are still waiting on the rain checks to come in from that sale.

I would keep scouring the classifieds for a good deal

good luck and happy hunting

ike1018

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm glad I got mine whene I did, bought one around 1st of the year from Gander for $650. Been checking back to see if they have any in and they are still waiting on the rain checks to come in from that sale.

I would keep scouring the classifieds for a good deal

good luck and happy hunting

Me too, bought mine in January at Bradis. Sounds like they are in high demand. After shooting mine the last few months I can see why, they're a great value.

Caldad

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    Why are you so loyal to S&W M&P? :dunno: Have you considered other options?
    (not knocking Smith- have them- love them)

I know that Doublestars are available.

You may want to read over the Doublestars thread here on :ingo:. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/201723-double_star.html

I have a DS-AR15-M4 and it is excellent, and if you read the thread above, and if you also read; comments on Doublestar Star 15 M4 16" 6 Pos. Stock .223 $669.00 SHIPS FREE, you'll see there are a lot of very happy Doublestar owners. :D

Doublestar is a sister company of J&T, who manufactures a lot of parts for the larger AR companies. :patriot:

You may also want to try Whittakers (Whittaker Guns)... they frequently stock DS, and buck & jakes outfitters also buys from DS (Hunting Gear, Camping Equipment, and Outdoor Sports | Bucks & Jakes Outfitters). Whittakers is usually priced better. :spend:

If you have one custom ordered, I'm sure you could work out a better price than is shown on the Doublestar website, with a retailer, and then you could outfit it however you want. This is the link for DS Rifle Upgrades; Untitled Document.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do!

RBrianHarless

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2011
    Kokomo
    Check Down by the Tracks in Galveston, as mentioned above, or Roby's Bullseye in Kokomo. For the price I know the that rifle is flying out the door. Especially at tax return time.:ar15:

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Anderson
    Why are you so loyal to S&W M&P? :dunno: Have you considered other options?
    (not knocking Smith- have them- love them)

I know that Doublestars are available.

You may want to read over the Doublestars thread here on :ingo:. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/201723-double_star.html

I have a DS-AR15-M4 and it is excellent, and if you read the thread above, and if you also read; comments on Doublestar Star 15 M4 16" 6 Pos. Stock .223 $669.00 SHIPS FREE, you'll see there are a lot of very happy Doublestar owners. :D

Doublestar is a sister company of J&T, who manufactures a lot of parts for the larger AR companies. :patriot:

You may also want to try Whittakers (Whittaker Guns)... they frequently stock DS, and buck & jakes outfitters also buys from DS (Hunting Gear, Camping Equipment, and Outdoor Sports | Bucks & Jakes Outfitters). Whittakers is usually priced better. :spend:

If you have one custom ordered, I'm sure you could work out a better price than is shown on the Doublestar website, with a retailer, and then you could outfit it however you want. This is the link for DS Rifle Upgrades; Untitled Document.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do!

No, there's no particular reason I'm dead set on S&W other than the price. Last year I remember seeing Gander Mountain having them on sale for less than $600 and thinking at the time "Oh man. That's a sweet price." I didn't have the money at the time, and wasn't really even in the market for an AR. So I did a little research and determined at the time that that was one of the best prices for a new AR from a reputable company that I knew and was comfortable with. I am open to suggestions, but I have a goal I'm shooting for. The goal is to unload my M&P9 compact (either on sale or trade), and acquire a full size M&P9, a Walther p22, and an AR (like the S&W M&P 15 Sport) for $1000 plus whatever I can get for my M&P9c. If I can trade my M&P9c for an M&P9L, then see if I could get a Walther and an AR for $1000 or less. That's the goal anyway.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I own (2) and have built both up to Hot Rod status. They ran fine out of the box but they run better now. Hope you find one. They are far better than any DPMS or Bushmaster offering. This is from personal experience so any folks who own and like those guns please, no butt hurt.

Top Bottom