• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I know this is not listed in your 2 options but IMO the ruger SR22 is the way to go. I have owned a walther p22 and the ruger beats it without a contest. I have never shot the m&p so cannot give an opinion in that one.

timber1033

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    indianapolis
    Does the Ruger 22 have adjustable sights and are there any quality after market magazines available? I was thinking about Ruger as a possible option as well. Thanks

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Do you have an M&P in a larger caliber?

What do you consider better?

I have a M&P9c and a M&P22. The 22 is very close to a full size M&P, so it makes a decent training gun. It has been great for a plinker too. Put a suppressor on one and it is all smiles when people shoot it.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I own MP 22 love it. It came with a TB for my suppressor, had to get an adapter from Huntertown folks, for my Mite. I have shot the W P 22. ok not as good as the MP, IMO. It feels like the center fire MP's.

timber1033

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    indianapolis
    I don't have an M&P. I have a Sigma 40 and have the Walther p22, don't like the mag release on it or the backward safety. Other than that I think it is a great gun. One advantage of the M&P is it holds two extra rounds.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I had a walther for about 3 years and now I have a M&P (about a year now), In reality they are pretty much mechanically equal the features of course are a bit different but if you dont use double action then it's down to size, the walther is smaller, I got into M&P 40's as my main competition and carry gun so it made sense to use the M&P22 as a trainer and I used my suppressor on both with similar results. Accuracy is about the same, I missed the walther recal and had the improved one so I didn't have to send it back, I did have a problem with light hits with the smith, I sent it in and had it back in a week. And has been A1 since then.

what do you want?

I would buy another walther if I had use for it, I will keep the Smith. The smith uses my holsters and feels like my centerfires

SpyderRick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I just picked up a SR22 this week and took it out today for the first time. Not one flaw and I put different ammo through it and it ate it all. I really like the way it feels and very accurate

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    Does the Ruger 22 have adjustable sights and are there any quality after market magazines available? I was thinking about Ruger as a possible option as well. Thanks

It it does have adjustable sights, I do not believe they have aftermarket mags yet but you can get the factory for 20-25 each.
    The sr22 will eat any ammo you want to run through it. Out of probably about 10 p22's I have shot there has only been 1 that I didn't have a hiccup every 20 or 30 rounds.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The M&P 22 literally is a P22 with a bigger magazine. Hell even the mags are the same they even come apart the same. The only difference is the M&P is for people with regular size hands as I found the P22 small for me. The Smith holds 12 rounds while the Walther holds 10. Heck if you compare the 2 side by side they have the same markings on the barrel because they are both German and probably made in the same factory. Just FWI not sure how many people actually know this.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have only shot the SR22, and that was last year, but I recently held both the SR22 and the M&P 22. I found the SR22 to be too small for me to reach the controls without adjusting my grip. However, on the M&P 22 I could reach them (especially the mag release) a lot easier and more naturally. The slide was also easier to rack on the M&P then the SR22 for me. I also like that the safety goes in the right direction for safe/fire, rather then the opposite of usual like the SR22 is.

Top Bottom