• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    ive had mine for about 2 months, put about 1500 rounds through it. i was able to find another 12 round mag ($30 sand burr gun ranch in rochester) anyway i havent had single problem with it. ive shot high velocity, subsonic, round nose, hollow point, lead and copper plated....never had a problem. i think the ammo has to be at least 825 fps or so so work the slide. my only complaint is the rear sight, i wish it was a three dot sight. im looking for a replacement, but from what ive read i cant use steel sights on an aluminum slide.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    This is interesting. A friend of my wife's bought one and we took her to the range or her first time shooting it. She had so many jams that I lost count. It seemed like I was constantly clearing it.

I will ask her now that she has had it awhile if it has gotten any better.

Could this pistol be limp wristed like other more powerful semi-autos? If so, that could be her issue though it jammed up on me too.

I told her to keep shooting it, clean and lube it and see if it get's better.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    This is interesting. A friend of my wife's bought one and we took her to the range or her first time shooting it. She had so many jams that I lost count. It seemed like I was constantly clearing it.

I will ask her now that she has had it awhile if it has gotten any better.

Could this pistol be limp wristed like other more powerful semi-autos? If so, that could be her issue though it jammed up on me too.

I told her to keep shooting it, clean and lube it and see if it get's better.

Yes

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    ive had mine for about 2 months, put about 1500 rounds through it. i was able to find another 12 round mag ($30 sand burr gun ranch in rochester) anyway i havent had single problem with it. ive shot high velocity, subsonic, round nose, hollow point, lead and copper plated....never had a problem. i think the ammo has to be at least 825 fps or so so work the slide. my only complaint is the rear sight, i wish it was a three dot sight. im looking for a replacement, but from what ive read i cant use steel sights on an aluminum slide.

You can put a steel sight on it.

I have a 10-8 rear on mine.

Just be careful installing it.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    What is the advantage of steel rear sight on the .22? Just currious... simply durability?? Would be nice to have dots on the rear like the other caliber M&Ps.

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Oh but also, I love mine and would recommend one. about 400 thru it no problems yet. Federal auto match and CCI so far

cwilly66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's the one thing I did notice when looking at them is they were missing the 3 dot sight...on a dark target, it'd be hard to sight if I needed it to perform. Good to know the steel 3 dot will work, if installed cautiously. Does anyone have fiber sights on theirs? (green 3 dot, orange 3 dot...). Or, does anyone have a laser accessory on the mini-picatinny rail?

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    and yes again on the limp wristing. i've seen this on the m&p 22 as well as 1911 mimic 22 pistols. hold it firm and fire away.
    i will only add to stay far away from winchester wildcat white box and remington anything in 22lr. That junk might be ok for bolt or tube feeders, but i have yet to own a semi that ate it reliably. federal and cci all the way.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    and yes again on the limp wristing. i've seen this on the m&p 22 as well as 1911 mimic 22 pistols. hold it firm and fire away.
    i will only add to stay far away from winchester wildcat white box and remington anything in 22lr. That junk might be ok for bolt or tube feeders, but i have yet to own a semi that ate it reliably. federal and cci all the way.

My M&P seems to like CCI the best.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    I was able to shoot my M&P .22 today. Now that I finally found some .22lr ammo and some extra .22 mags. I gotta say I love this pistol. I tried some CCI Standard Velocity, CCI High Velocity Mini Mag, & some Remington Subsonics and it went thru it without a hitch. I like it so much that I want to get a suppressor for it.

Top Bottom