• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Well I took my new toy to the range today. It was very nice to shoot! I did not really notice the .40 beating me up with the recoil. It is more than a 9mm, but very manageable.

I had a little trouble getting accurate with it at first. I am used to shooting revolvers in single action, so I am more used to a hair trigger.
    I adjusted my trigger finger to be more on the finger pad. That really solved a lot of problems. I was able to get some really nice groups with it. I got 14 out of 15 rounds within a 3" circle in one instance with 4 out of the 15 with touching holes.

I would say I am a decent shot considering I have only been shooting for about a year, but by no means an awesome shooter.

I put 100 rounds of .40 USA Ammo FMJ reloads though it. I did not have any function problems. I did have the slide not lock back on the last round in 3 instances. I am not sure why. If I were to guess, I would say it was a lack of powerful enough recoil, or the recoil spring is still a little stiff, but I am not sure.

I also bought a 9mm Storm Lake conversion barrel. I put 50 rounds of Tula FMJ rounds through the conversion barrel. I had 0 issues with this ammo, or the conversion.

I would not say that is by any means a torture test or a comprehensive test, but it was a good test. I am satisfied with my shooting and the function of the gun. It is acutally very accurate. I however am not. I want to try it from rest to give the accuracy a bit more of a test.

I am sure my ammo choice was not the best for accuracy, but I am more interested in getting extended practice rather than spending a pile on ammo. I will get some nice defensive ammo and test it, but for now I am trying to familiarize myself with this gun.

I hope that helps you a bit if your are interested in this gun.

Dorky_D

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    I am a big believer in options. I would suggest getting the .40 and then getting a 9mm conversion barrel and 9mm magazines. You can then shoot both.

Top Bottom