• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    I'm wondering what others are using for a holster for their M&P Compacts. How do you like it? What DON'T you like about it? Would you buy it again? How does it feel when wearing it? Do secure is the gun in it?

I have a M&P9C & am looking for a cheaper holster for now until I can get a kydex setup from RCS, possibly the next Indy 1500. I would like to have a paddle holster for OWB carry for now but would like to stay around $30 or less if possible. All I am finding are holsters for full size M&P guns.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have a MTAC for my M&P9c. But it is more than what you're wanting to spend...

For $30, I'd say get a Fobus holster. They run $20. But you get what you pay for....

For a little bit more money, you can get a Safariland. And I've yet to use one, they are GREAT holsters.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I'm wondering what others are using for a holster for their M&P Compacts. How do you like it? What DON'T you like about it? Would you buy it again? How does it feel when wearing it? Do secure is the gun in it?

I have a M&P9C & am looking for a cheaper holster for now until I can get a kydex setup from RCS, possibly the next Indy 1500. I would like to have a paddle holster for OWB carry for now but would like to stay around $30 or less if possible. All I am finding are holsters for full size M&P guns.

I would NEVER buy a cheap holster for a EDC gun. Ever. By doing so, you are asking for trouble, IMO.

Also, good quality holster makers can make them for about any size gun. I got one for my MP that has the 5" barrel (which is a more odd size than the compact).

There are two leather companies that I recommend. I bought my current daily carry holster from El Paso Saddlery. It's VERY well made, heavy leather, nice finish, and it fits my MP like a glove. I would ALSO recommend one of their well made 1 1/2 " gunbelts.

The other one I would recommend is Brigade Leather. They make what I consider the BEST IWB holster out there, as well as a VERY GOOD snap on OWB holster. Brigade also has some nice paddle holsters (I find paddle holsters uncomfortable).

Both will take some time to get.

Your safety, and the safety of those around you, are worth spending a li8ttle money on. I bought a "cheap" kydex holster for my MP (Blackhawk Serpa), threw it in the trash. A GOOD holster is a must, IMO.

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    I guess I should clarify my intentions for a cheap holster for now...I do not currently have my LTCH so I will not be carrying this yet. I intend to have a proper holster setup, ie. the RCS Phanton kydex IWB setup, before I start carrying.

The cheap holster is so I can easily Open Carry it to my local ranges that require guns to be in holsters or cases. I would like to avoid having to lug around the entire gun case to bring my gun to the range if I can find a cheaper OWB holster to use currently.

Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    For OWB/OC on my M&P40c I have a DeSantis Facilitator. I'm satisfied with it and have no serious complaints about it. I'd just say if you can get your hands on one and one of the Safariland ALS holsters, I'd be sure to compare them. They're very similar holsters in about every regard, but I consider the positioning of the release button significantly different. I used to carry my Glock in a Safariland ALS holster and still find the positioning of its release button more natural for me, but I also haven't been able to carry nearly as much with the DeSantis yet though either. I'd say you can't go wrong with either of those.

I've heard everyone talk about RCS and am sure they're good, but I'm gonna second the MTAC for when you get to IWB. Love mine. I've had the same backing on it for my Sig 229R, Glock 19, and now my M&P40c, just changing out the kydex body. Durable, comfortable, great service..favorite holster I've owned. That's my two cents.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If you want something inexpensive that works look into a Glock Sport/Combat holster. Have you ordered your Raven yet? I have a Raven for a compact M&P9 that I do not use, I ended up getting an M&P9 Pro 4.25" barrel and got the holster for that. If you are interested PM me and maybe we can work something out.

There is really no substitute for the Raven; I'm getting ready to order one for my Glock 21 here in a few days and I'll have another Raven for my M&P45 full-sized after that.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I bought a Mills Tactical holster for my M&P9c and love it! He had it to me in 3 days from when I ordered it. I used to buy something to just get by but for an everyday carry you should get something solid and there are a lot out there.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    You could go $10 or so more and get a Safariland ALS paddle holster. They make it for the M&P 9C and they're a lot better made than the Fobus.

nismoz33

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Lawrenceburg HVL
    You could go $10 or so more and get a Safariland ALS paddle holster. They make it for the M&P 9C and they're a lot better made than the Fobus.

Finally found the M&P9c Safariland ALD paddle holster. I couldn't find the right model number on there site anywhere to check prices on ordering one.

I do think that I am going to just bite the bullet & buy an RCS holster up front & not mess with anything else though.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom