• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • murmur70

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Bedford
    I have a Colt 6920 MOE edition which is pretty sweet. I have no experience with the M&P bug have heard good things about it.I am saving for the
    M&P 15 22 now.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    That price range puts you in range of plenty of fine ARs. You could snag a Bravo Company, Daniel Defense, or even LMT, not to mention the more "traditional" brands. I'm a fan of S&W, but I'd buy any of the three brands I just listed before a S&W AR any day.

If you decide on the S&W, you won't end up with a bad rifle, my dad has the model you are discussing, and he hasn't had any problems that i'm aware of, and he enjoys it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Not personally familiar with that S&W model but the ones I have owned were all very dependable guns. We hot rodded one of them and took the pieces from the S&W to use in a POS DPMS and it became reliable after that infusion of parts.

You will not be disappointed.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    For $1,100 you could get a mil-spec m4 AR (pre-built, not a parts kit) from PSA that would come with an Aimpoint PRO. Then you could customize it however you like. Their quality is top tier. Just be sure to read the fine print so you know exactly what you're getting.

I have PSA parts kits in all 5 of my ARs. I use their uppers and BCGs and have never had a problem. I would use their lowers but currently I'm on a billet lower binge.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/psa-16-m4-premium-patrol-carbine-package.html

Last edited:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    if $1300 is you limit and you can throw in $50 to make your limit $1350, I can refer you to a LGS friend of mine that has a few Daniel Defense M4's...

Daniel Defense M4 Carbine, v5 (No Sights) | Daniel Defense <Thats the model, and comes with a MOE stock. If interested send me a PM and I'll get you his info.

you can't go wrong with a DDM4. They are some of the best upper mid ranges on the market IMO

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    if $1300 is you limit and you can throw in $50 to make your limit $1350, I can refer you to a LGS friend of mine that has a few Daniel Defense M4's...

Daniel Defense M4 Carbine, v5 (No Sights) | Daniel Defense <Thats the model, and comes with a MOE stock. If interested send me a PM and I'll get you his info.

you can't go wrong with a DDM4. They are some of the best upper mid ranges on the market IMO

I appreciate the advice and I too have heard great things about DD. Don't really like the way it looks. I know that sounds stupid, but that's how I feel about it.

cmamath13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    Greenwood
    That price range puts you in range of plenty of fine ARs. You could snag a Bravo Company, Daniel Defense, or even LMT, not to mention the more "traditional" brands. I'm a fan of S&W, but I'd buy any of the three brands I just listed before a S&W AR any day.

If you decide on the S&W, you won't end up with a bad rifle, my dad has the model you are discussing, and he hasn't had any problems that i'm aware of, and he enjoys it.
    I just had another friend tell me about LMT. I will have to check them out. Thanks.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    x3 to PSA. Honestly these days, the colt isn't there like it was years ago. I find that the PSA performs as well as a colt, built as well as a colt, and is cheaper than a colt. There is a whole lot more for your money with a palmetto rifle. Colt is a name more than anything anymore. Its a nice rifle, but there are as good of rifles to be had for less and in some cases outperform a colt. Now this is IMHO, but getting into the nitty gritty, it makes sense.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    the last LMT i seen was one with a one piece billit upper, that had jp enterprise buffer spring in it. that was one smooth gun i would recommend one if you got the funds.

LMT is a very high quality, top tier AR. Can't recommend them enough, along with DD and BCM. But what everyone else has said, if you got a PSA, Stag, Troy, or some other mid tier AR, and spent the rest of your cash on an optic, you'd probably be just as happy. That is... unless this budget is just for the gun, and you have extra optics fund, in which case... go top tier!

Of course, in that price range is also the new kid on the block, with the NO LUBE AR, Anderson Mfg. I've used their parts before, and they are good quality, but I've never put my hands on a complete rifle from them to know anything more about them.

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I would also add Yankee Hill Machine in with some of the higher end mid to top tier AR companies.
    We can't forget the ol Yanks!

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    For $1,100 you could get a mil-spec m4 AR (pre-built, not a parts kit) from PSA that would come with an Aimpoint PRO. Then you could customize it however you like. Their quality is top tier. Just be sure to read the fine print so you know exactly what you're getting.

I have PSA parts kits in all 5 of my ARs. I use their uppers and BCGs and have never had a problem. I would use their lowers but currently I'm on a billet lower binge.

PSA 16" M4 Premium Patrol Carbine Package

Yes, very good. I got mine with the Aimpoint PRO for $999, they bumped them up to $1099 but still a great deal for what you are getting.

Also, just noticed PSA is doing a free shipping for orders over $50 so that will save a little more on shipping.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom