• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roadstar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Miami County
    First I bought a regular, full size M&P 9mm. I was so impressed with how it felt and how it shot that I bought a PRO 9mm to get back into USPSA with. Just got a Comp-Tac holster and mag pouch set up. WOW!

Now I'm on the hunt for a 9C. I'm afraid that all of my Colt 1911's, Glocks and Smith and Wesson wheel guns have just attained safe queen status. The M&P cool-aid is strong!

I have only had a chance to put about 100 rounds through my PRO. The trigger feels to me to be about half of the pull weight of my standard M&P. I can't really comment on the break I just know that I always liked the Glock triggers and I think the M&P system is better. I like the trigger prep on these type of striker fire handguns better than the pure single action trigger on the 1911. I'm just more confident with it.

The sight set up on the PRO kicks a$$ in my opinion as well. That fiber optic really stands out. I plan to put a Warren 2 dot set up on my standard M&P, but the PRO's set up will be great for USPSA.

If you like M&P's you will love the PRO. One thing I didn't realize before I bought the PRO is that the slide is narrower than a standard M&P. Makes for a very smooth handeling 5 inch pistol in my opinion.

Good luck!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Okay . . . I looked at the stats on the Smiff'n'Wesson website, and I see that the M&P Pro has a five inch barrel. It's proportioned a lot like Glock 34 in that regard.

Yeah, I know the longer sight radius is a good thing and I know the longer barrel and slide can help in other ways, but I prefer the shorter length of the standard full size gun.

I wonder if you can get the trigger package in the regular sized gun?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I wonder if you can get the trigger package in the regular sized gun?

AFAIK, you can send your M&P back to the Performance Center to have the work done for $105.00, or you can buy one of the forthcoming Pistol-Training.com limited edition M&P9s, which has the PC sear and Massachusetts trigger bar & spring already installed. I don't think S&W will sell the parts separately.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You know you want to fondle it. You KNOW you do!!!

ETA: Now you're gonna have to take me to a USPSA shoot...

The worst thing about the PRO so far is that mags are $40 and that there is not much of a holster selection available.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I looked at a PRO a few weeks ago when I was at Elmore's and loved everything about it. I assumed (incorrectly as I read here) that the trigger was like the others.

The gun just feels great to hold and point and I really liked the sights too.

Good choice!!

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    You know you want to fondle it. You KNOW you do!!!

ETA: Now you're gonna have to take me to a USPSA shoot...

The worst thing about the PRO so far is that mags are $40 and that there is not much of a holster selection available.

You can always find M&P mags for sale around $20. Here is link that has them in stock: Smith & Wesson M&P Pistol Magazines

G&R Tactical is another good source but they are out of 17 round mags at the moment.

I highly recommend a Comp-Tac paddle holster for the M&P9 Pro Series. This is a competition holster that is perfect for the M&P. The holster is used by Smith & Wesson's contract shooter, Gordon Carrol who happens to be a the sales V.P with Comp-Tac... He actually uses the M&P9 Pro Series and the Comp-Tac paddle holster combination for daily carry and competitions. ( Using a business term: He eats his own dog food)

Outside Waistband Holsters - products new home - Paddle Holster

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Well, I took this thing out and put a hundred rounds through it this afternoon. Kinda a quick and dirty shakedown if you will. It is a pleasure to shoot, and plenty accurate. I sighted-in at 10yds and was making a ragged hole. Then i took to shooting the 50yd steel. That was fun too. I think this gun will be very competitive as soon as I get used to shooting it. The sights are just what I like and the trigger is very nice and crisp with a very short reset. So far, I'm impressed.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    You can always find M&P mags for sale around $20. Here is link that has them in stock: Smith & Wesson M&P Pistol Magazines

G&R Tactical is another good source but they are out of 17 round mags at the moment.

I highly recommend a Comp-Tac paddle holster for the M&P9 Pro Series. This is a competition holster that is perfect for the M&P. The holster is used by Smith & Wesson's contract shooter, Gordon Carrol who happens to be a the sales V.P with Comp-Tac... He actually uses the M&P9 Pro Series and the Comp-Tac paddle holster combination for daily carry and competitions. ( Using a business term: He eats his own dog food)

Outside Waistband Holsters - products new home - Paddle Holster

yeah, I just ordered some from Botach. $19.99 each plus 10% off. You know what they say about Botach, it's like sleeping with a fat chick, it might satisfy you, but you don't want to tell anyone...

Top Bottom