• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I am very intrigued by this little fella. If I were to run across one at a fair price, I'd be hard pressed not to have one. I'm not sure what purpose it would serve since I already have a 640, but I like this more and more every time I look at it, it's like a mini-66 with a slab-sided barrel and a tapered underlug.

178013_01_lg.jpg

Product: Model 60

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am very intrigued by this little fella. If I were to run across one at a fair price, I'd be hard pressed not to have one. I'm not sure what purpose it would serve since I already have a 640, but I like this more and more every time I look at it, it's like a mini-66 with a slab-sided barrel and a tapered underlug.

178013_01_lg.jpg

Product: Model 60

My dad owns and carries one of the Pro Series model 60s. Great little shooters and look great to boot. Bite the Bullet in Seymour will order one for you OP. Or pick one up on GunBroker and have it shipped in. Not a model 60 but they had a 3" SP101 in the case.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    Here is mine I got a few years back. Got lucky and a relative didn't want it anymore so he sold it for $150. That even included 3 boxes of ammo. He bought it used from a LGS probably close to 20 yrs ago. When I asked S&W about it, they said it was made in 82 or 83, can't remember, and that the hammer had obviously been modified so they thought a LEO probably used it as a BUG. Needless to say I don't plan on selling it!!

mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    Couldn't finda 3 inch model 60 so I bought the 3 inch SP101 at Bite the Bullet yesterday, had Lauren to order a Hogue Monogrip for it, going to shoot it this afternoon, feels good in the hand, i think i will like it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Couldn't finda 3 inch model 60 so I bought the 3 inch SP101 at Bite the Bullet yesterday, had Lauren to order a Hogue Monogrip for it, going to shoot it this afternoon, feels good in the hand, i think i will like it.

Nice!!!!

SP101 is a solid gun. They lock up like a vault. That gun is designed to handle a steady diet of 357. With 38s they are a pleasure to shoot. 3" SP101 is sort of one of those dream guns of mine. I can't really justify buying one but have always appreciated them. I looked at the one you bought a couple weeks ago and told them what I really wanted was a 4" K frame. Out comes a Police trade in Model 15 and out came the wallet. :):

Was sort of bragging in another thread but will share here. My Dad took his 3" model 60 to class yesterday. Shot a passing score on the FBI qualification. Keep in mind this is a 62 year old diabetic with glaucoma and carpal tunnel who has had back surgery. There are strings of fire under time that require more then 5 rounds. All shot from concealment. Shots from 2 to 25 yards. Old goat dug right in, took his point penalty because of capacity and went on to pass the test. So yeah these guns are capable.

Last edited:

mikestripe

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    seymour,in.
    Just got back from shooting the sp101, nice little shooter, also took my K frame 10-7 snubbie and my K frame 19-3 and my 627 8 shot N frame 357, I am really loving revolvers more each time I take them out,took my 629-4 but didn't get around shooting it, thanks to my friend for reloading for me.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Now you need to bring that 627 out to South Central next weekend and shoot some USPSA. That is the perfect gun for that game.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.

Great choice from Great people...

Not a revolver guy, but I certainly appreciate the craftsmanship!

Top Bottom