• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Just pickup a S&W Model 19-3 in very good shape from a fellow Ingoer. I have always wanted one, and this one literally fell into my lap. I traded a Ruger SR40 for it. I have ordered a holster for it, and I took it out yesterday and shot it. It is a sweet shooter with 38 spl, I don't have any .357 magnums, but when I get some I will head back to the range. DA is smooth on this gun and SA is really light. The grips are in sad shape, but the gun is easy to control. Shot it at 10yds and 15yds. Accuracy is very good for a snub nosed revolver. Gun was manufactured in 1972.
    a006.jpg

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    Good solid gun, congrats.

There are several good options out there for quality replacement grips if you want. For shooters you can't go wrong with hogue wood grips, a little pricey but very nice.

Enjoy and don't forget to feed it often!

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Very nice! I too, recently purchased my first S&W revolver. It's a bit on the heavy side, but I love the trigger.
    I have my eye on Ahrend boot grips. That's the brand that most recommend.

Enjoy!!

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I really am digging this gun a whole bunch. It is so classic in apperance, and fun to shoot. I am going to oc/cc this gun now that I traded my Ruger for it. I was thinking of getting a pair of rubber grips for it for carrying. I will try and find a pair of S&W wood grips for it for when I want to show her off.

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    Man, that is Beautiful. I'm jealous! :) I've been keeping an eye out for a dash 3 snub for a while now. I'm inclined to buy something for carry, and I know the k-frames are a little big, but as you said, it's just got that classic aesthetic. Have you carried it yet? What are your thoughts on the size and weight?

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Haven't carried it yet, holster on the way. The size is about equal to a Kahr cw9 , the weight is perfect it is very well balanced. Picture shows it between a Ruger Redhawk 44 mag and a P64 Radom (kinda the same size as a Mak or PPK.
    a003.jpg

Last edited:

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Nice revolver! The more you shoot it the more you will love it. Grips are easy to figure out and you will have many choices. Hogue makes nice grips and if you shoot it a lot, then "rubber" grips will add a degree of comfort. Enjoy!!!

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Nice wheel gun!

I just got back from shooting my 19-4 4" and damn it was
    so smooth!

My hands still smell like gun powder!:rockwoot:

Jimmy

Field King

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Nice. The tyler Ts are key, you may have never shot with them, focus your grip on front of grips, exactly what they are designed for.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I sold a beautiful 19-3, 6" barrel to a fellow ingoer. It had a scope on it when I bought it at auction a couple years ago but the rear sight didn't come with it. I tried in vain for a while to find a rear and when I couldn't I sold it. Wouldn't you know the buyer went right out and found one.

I WANT MY GUN BACK!!!! WHAAAA.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Deet, I carried the hog-nosed 19 as my off-duty and undercover gun for many years until we went to self-loaders.

Shooting it with magnums will be an eye-opening experience. You'll definitely be wanting some grips to help tame the recoil.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Deet, I carried the hog-nosed 19 as my off-duty and undercover gun for many years until we went to self-loaders.

Shooting it with magnums will be an eye-opening experience. You'll definitely be wanting some grips to help tame the recoil.

And if you decide you don't want those Tyler T grips???? Please let me know because I have a stable of K's where they could find a home. Tyler T's are an acquired taste and folks either love them or hate them and I must confess that Tyler T's get my heart a pumping.

I bought a gun from Sparky Fender one time to just get the T grips...Embarrasing but true....

Whenever I get out one of my vintage 70's Smith wheelguns this song just pops in my head...My wife is all like "What are you TRYING to sing now?" I open my jacket and show her that big Smith in the shoulder rig and say, "Baby...It's Sabotage. Big Smith's in shoulder rigs was the way we rolled back when Cher was kind of pretty and not such a skank."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

Last edited:

ErickB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Schererville
    ^^ :rockwoot: Oh man, love that vid!

Yeah, I especially like the snubby look on the 19... it looks ready for business! I love Colt revolvers, but the Smith style barrel lug looks especially awesome on the shorty 19 and 66. :)

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Soooooo many young pups on this board! Back in the "day", this was the sexy, uber gun to have on yer person. You weren't a gunny guy unless you could work a S&W revolver with the best of em!
    This is me SO'ing a stage at the Idaho State IDPA match a few years back....what's that on my hip? 19-3 2 1/2"

Top Bottom