• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    I would love a nail gun - one thump instead of a number of bangs. When I shopped around a decent nail gun and compressor came in around $500. When I'm not beating nails I wonder if it is worth the expense, but once I get up there and start pounding I think it surely will be. The trouble with modern tools is they work for a week or two, then need replacement. Even Bosch are made in China now.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    Check the hammer nose roll pin for excessive wear. If it has had a lot of use the roll pin will wear and cause light primer strikes. I had this problem on a model 64.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Check out harbor freight for compressor and nail gun. They are working for me.

What brand did you get ? They have several and I've never heard of any of them. Even the big brand tool makers have sold-out and are selling low cost Chinese junk at high prices (capitalizing on their old name). Finding good tools is a nightmare

mssmith44

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    The compressor I was using for a big roof job was the central pneumatic oil free 6 gallon 150 psi professional. $99 when they are on sale.
    The new little compressor by McGraw looks like a good one. I have it now and I think it might be a little better. It has wheels for easy transport.
    $114 when they are on sale.
    The central pneumatic coil nail gun is the one I was using. It comes with the trigger set for single use, change it to bumpfire mode. Much better.
    Keep it oiled and it will do great. Use 1 1/4 nails for single layer roofing.

Top Bottom