• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I've got an older Model 29, and I'm trying to find a white outline rear sight for it. I lost the elevation guts from the (aftermarket target) blade, and I need to find a rear sight which fits an older 29. Kinda hesitant to order stuff online with a leap of faith, hoping it will fit. The new rear sight assemblies are rounded in the front, and who knows what else is different. Much gratitude for any help. :)

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Thanks----figured out the sight I lost the elevation screws out of was a Millett I acquired many years ago, and much superior to the Smith standard equipment. Unfortunately, Millett doesn't make them anymore.:(

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I dont have it in stock but i am sure i could get one. Have you tried calling smith and wesson? Have you looked it up on numrich?

also have you replaced one of these before? to replace the rear sight blade you need to "break" the old screw, reinstall the new screw and stake the nut into place.

also, it sounds like you dont need a new rear sight, just the elevation screw?

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Thanks for these suggestions. I don't remember breaking any screw when I put the Millett on?? Of course, that's was a long time ago, quite possibly ten years. I'll call Millett first, then Smith. I guess I wouldn't mind ordering one, but since they've changed the design, I have to be careful. Again, thanks!!

Reps will be forwarded when I'm reloaded.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Phoned Millett today, with no luck. Pretty bummed to find out they've been acquired by Bushnell, which in my opinion is a fast trip down the septic. Too bad.

Top Bottom