• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    The once high-selling gun industry may be facing a comedown as incidents of gun violence have soared this year. There has been an average of almost one school shooting every week for the past year and a half, the Washington Post reported earlier this month.

That's some intellectually dishonest reporting right there. Implying that the letdown is somehow linked to gun violence soaring this year? Soaring? The only reason we hit the big peak last year was because of people were afraid of legislation. Now people aren't so afraid. Create an environment that threatens gun legislation and you'll see another run on guns. If S&W made AK's right now, there might be a run on those too.

Lost me at WaPo.

Remember, everyone: It's the Washington Times and the New York Post - never get the two confused. :):

theslasher

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2013
    Knox
    Heres a sign posted on the front door at Guntown on U.S. 30

568ce0974025954f690acd3803321378.jpg

And an after looking at their XDS 4.0 Bi-Tone in 45 acp priced at $618 onsale from $675 I drove an hour to Midwest Gun Exchange and picked one up...

e3a1004070b39b8700ea7005dd4b4717.jpg

Its definitely a buyers market!!!

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Heres a sign posted on the front door at Guntown on U.S. 30

And an after looking at their XDS 4.0 Bi-Tone in 45 acp priced at $618 onsale from $675 I drove an hour to Midwest Gun Exchange and picked one up...

Its definitely a buyers market!!!

More like make sure you are informed of what something costs before you go to buy. I truly think this is the problem with most of the classified adds here and elsewhere. Someone over pays a $100-150 and tries to sell it. They think they are making a fair post when really they have no idea they have been had.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    The fact that they rely on the one school shooting per week thing says it all. These are the kinds of things reported as a "school shooting" in the WaPo article they reference.

School type: K-12Summary: Several shots fired outside a Friday night basketball game.
    Shooter identity: Unknown/could not identify

School type: College/University
    Summary: Professor apparently committed suicide.

Summary: A student was shot during a struggle in a late-night attempted robbery.

Summary: No injuries resulted from a single shot fired into the ceiling during an evening dance.

Summary: A non-student killed himself in a school parking lot on a Saturday as students participated in athletic events.

Summary: One student shot another, apparently accidentally, late at night in a parking lot.

School type: K-12
    Summary: No one was injured after a 5-year-old shot a gun—apparently accidentally—within a school.

It's the Everytown list that even CNN called BS on.

DocHoliday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Ruger stock has been hit hard. S&W is back down after showing gains early this year. Both companies lowered their outlook on sales. Long gun sales were weak but handgun sales were still solid in the last quarter. Decline in background checks since February. Prices should be dropping. Rural King had a Ruger SR556 for mid 800s a month ago. I saw a Ruger 1911 for 633 on the same day. Some were asking 700+ for the same gun a year ago. I think the SR556 was 1300 to 1500 the year before. I'm not seeing as much change in prices at LGS. I don't live in Indy but the smaller LGS where I live is about the same as last year. I'm guessing their inventory or the long shelf life determines their current price.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Smith messed up with the Hillary hole and the closing of the Thompson center custom shop.

People still mad about it. Well those that matter are mad about it. Seems like the shield is selling well at a sub 400 dollar range but the more expensive stuff with higher profit margins are lacking. Do I buy a new 586 revolver with a Hillary hole or a used one for the same price. Many wil chose the used one. Siding against the people who made your business thrive to save your police/military sales did not do well for them when glock undercut them on the LEO market. Now those that thought smith was wrong are not buying the newer guns.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The massive suckage of their customer service doesn't help either. If your S&W may needs parts by the time your yet to be born grandchildren need them, make sure you buy them now. It takes about that long. My last order was for a couple of magazines and it took so long (at least 4 months if I remember correctly) that by the time they were delivered I had forgotten that I ordered them.

I just now looked at the S&W website. They have disabled the 360 degree view of the guns so that you can only see the right side of the gun. One wonders why.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My immediate family has purchased 12 new Smith & Wesson or Thompson Center firearms in the past 4 years. We were kinda ticked when the Brits got hold of them but apparently that is water under the bridge.

I have orders parts from them and found customer service to be pleasant and helpful.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    My immediate family has purchased 12 new Smith & Wesson or Thompson Center firearms in the past 4 years. We were kinda ticked when the Brits got hold of them but apparently that is water under the bridge.

I have orders parts from them and found customer service to be pleasant and helpful.

Happy to hear that it worked well for you, but for me, on three occasions, three months was the minimum--and this is for stuff in current production. If the pleasant and helpful is strictly a reference to their demeanor, I would agree. I would also point out that very rarely did I get to speak to a pleasant and helpful person with less than an hour on hold.

Top Bottom