• traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    Something to consider

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=REDBk1413ks[/video]

Well...Having put lots of rounds through several different Glocks, I am not gonna accept the idea that the Smith is better, but the man makes some good points!
    I have only put 8 downrange this evening..but accuracy was acceptable, the pistol is very pointable, overall, for the price..not a bad sidearm.

tetsujin79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    NWI
    First handgun I bought was a S&W Sigma in 9mm (the SD9 is a Sigma frame with a M&P-like slide as far as I can tell). The grip is superior to Glock, but the trigger sucks compared a Glock. Great gun, I should have kept it just to keep it and got the trigger kit.

In full disclosure, I now carry a Glock 26 because I like the trigger, size, and I worked with the grip to become comfortable.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I have never liked these pistols, several guys that I used to work with owned them. In fairness though, i have never really developed an affinity for a firearm that was not wood and steel. Two tone is ugly, (IMO), it has a stamped metal slide release that looks cheesy to me.It rattles when I shake it..sounds like the rounds moving in the magazine..but after taking it apart and looking it all over...I might keep it around for a while! The video Hough posted said that the trigger would smooth up with time.

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I bought a SD9 VE yesterday, Have not shot it yet, But when I put it side by side, next to my G19,
    they look real close to the same. Time will tell. But for $200 less than the G19, it seems to be a good buy.

natetheace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Decatur, IN
    I bought one as a first pistol and didn't know it had a bad trigger till the, all knowing, internet told me so. I still have it after purchasing 5 more pistols. Yes. The trigger is stiff. But, I have never had a malfunction. It is still my bedside pistol. The stupid rail is a waist. I don't know what S&W was thinking when they designed the rail. But overall, a functional tool that does what it's suppose too for a great price!

Top Bottom