• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Imagine how I felt last night when less than an hour after I purchased my Shield, I Google M&P Shield and the second hit is a safety recall notice! It was a FTF purchase so my first thought was that he had heard about this and was dumping the gun. However the web page was only five hours old and this gun had been on Armslist for three days so unless some people got advanced notice, I don't think he knew.

Mine passed the test with no issues, so I guess I am OK.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Imagine how I felt last night when less than an hour after I purchased my Shield, I Google M&P Shield and the second hit is a safety recall notice! ...

Do not be bummed out and have buyer's remorse. I think you will love the ergos and very possibly the way she runs. I "borrow" My Lady's when she is not looking... If there wasn't one in the house already, I would get one for me. May yet...

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Do not be bummed out and have buyer's remorse. I think you will love the ergos and very possibly the way she runs. I "borrow" My Lady's when she is not looking... If there wasn't one in the house already, I would get one for me. May yet...
    Not bummed, but it did seem like one of those "only to me" kind of moments. I am looking forward to taking it out and comparing it to my CM9. The shield was the one gun I did not get to hold before I bought my Kahr and I have always wanted to compare. I picked it up at a decent price (for a Shield) and figured if I don't like it I can sell or trade it pretty easy.

I do hope that this issue does not affect resell value.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    Needs to be resaid:

This is NOT A RECALL. NOT. A. RECALL.

-J-
    You are correct. They are calling it a safety alert.

I would like to hear more as to if this was a short term manufacturing defect, or something that we have to worry about developing over time. I am going to have to reasearch a little when I get home tonight.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I would like to hear more as to if this was a short term manufacturing defect, or something that we have to worry about developing over time.

Hard to say at this point. I'm sure that S&W will call it a short-term manufacturing defect.

As much as we'd like it to be true, even huge companies like S&W outsource a lot of small parts manufacturing.

And crap happens. You get a batch of plastic that wasn't blended to the correct specifications - you can get brittle parts and not know it until they break.

Same thing happened to Kahr several years ago with their .40S&W mag followers. Bad batch of followers from their supplier = broken followers. I got three new followers out of that one.

Whatever the case/reason - it IS something to keep an eye on as time goes by.

-J-

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    My First Fire date is 7/8/13. The tab will only return if I push the trigger forward. It will be taking a trip back to MA for repair. Ugh.

This is one of the reasons I buy 2 of every gun I really like. Gotta have a spare.:):

Top Bottom