• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't you just love this time of year, the new handgun models are being released.

Smith & Wesson SW22 Victory released. Seems to me to be a head on competitor to Ruger's 22/45 or MkIII. It's about time.

Product: SW22 Victory?

108490_01_md.jpg

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    Ok, I'm intrigued. I would like to get one of these in my hands to see how it feels and check out the trigger. Hopefully a threaded barrel option will be released before long too.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    While I am all for options, I wonder how well a gun like this or the Ruger would sell in 9mm. I have always seen these as good .22 plinking or target guns. Why plink or target shoot with something like this in 9mm? If I wanted to shoot in 9mm, there are so many other options, many of which could also be good self defense guns. Or I could go the route of a 1911 style gun in 9mm if I want more of a target pistol. Maybe I am the loner here, and I have no data just an opinion, but I doubt something like this in 9mm would sell well enough to justify the production. I do think there will be a lot of interest in the S&W in .22.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    MSRP- $409?

Howdy!

Reverse keystone it. It's still more than the Ruger (what are they now $275) but not by much. The vig won't be much in Indiana either because of market saturation.

Hopefully a threaded barrel option will be released before long too.

Et tu? You and T. Lex double teaming Freeman to have him stroke out before the end of the month?

10201_01_md.jpg

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    With all due respect it still looks like a tarted up 22A.

ETA: having watched the video, I do like the takedown which allows the barreled upper to be removed with one screw. If various lengths and contours of barrels will be available it could be fun. Unfortunately the magazine looks different from both the Md 41 and the M&Pc.

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    I am a bit frustrated that they are making this. I committed to myself that I would buy any guns in 2016 so that money could be saved for other things. Now S&W has to go and test my will power. :spend:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    AND, I object to the use of the "Victory" name. It's an insult to the previous Victory models

Rep in bound.....I am still reeling over the M&P moniker for the plastic semi auto...Man I am getting old....

"HEY!!! Slow down and you little heathens get off my lawn....By God when I was a young man an M&P was made out of freaking walnut and steel and not injected molded plastic...A Victory model meant VICTORY over Fascism......Oh and a Model 19? It was steel and Goncalo Alves, not plastic tupperware made by some Austrian...Did ya know Hitler was from Austria??? WELL HE WAS!!!!!!!!! And where in the Hell is that remote...Lawrence Welk is getting ready to come on and I already missed Wheel of Fortune....":)

Last edited:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    363   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    So having watched a few video reviews, I will definitely seek one out to hold and probably buy one to play with, at least for a while. However, My S&W Md 41 is going to be more accurate and I have a S&W Md 2206 which is also an all stainless threaded barrel .22. It's like Smith & Wesson is looking back to what they made that was really good and trying to bring back some marzipan copy.

Top Bottom