• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    What are the pros and cons of these? I think SA would be more accurate as you don't have the long trigger pull. I like my FS 92 where I can DAO the first round and SA the rest. Torn between a SIG P238 or Kahr P380 or a Kimber Solo vs a Kahr PM9. Maybe I should just buy all of them.:)

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    There are a ton of varying opinions on the DA/SA actions, knowing what you plan on doing with it could help...i.e. some people don't like it for competition because the first shot is DA and it throws them off.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    As long as you train, you can probably pull off great (equal) accuracy with either one. For beginners, SA will be easier to shoot, although Kahr's are not a true double action either. The Glock action works well, as it has an initial long trigger pull, but the reset is short; the trigger weight stays the same. A Walther PPS uses this trigger system, and is slightly larger than the PM9. Just to complicate your choice a bit more ;).

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What about LDA actions?

Its sort of half way between a SA and a DAO . . . best of both worlds!?!

I agree! I enjoy having a 1911-style pistol that I don't have to carry on safe. Also, the trigger pull is not short, but it's definitely not as long as the traditional 1911 SAO.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I agree! I enjoy having a 1911-style pistol that I don't have to carry on safe. Also, the trigger pull is not short, but it's definitely not as long as the traditional 1911 SAO.

I have one, it's a light pull, a little longer than a SA, but I still like the fact that you can carry it cock-n-lock;)

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I only carry DAO or DA/SA pistols. I got accustomed too carrying and qualifying with the 92FS in the service. We carried with the hammer down. I'm so used to it, that I do not even notice. I can place my DA shots just as accurately as I do my SA shots. Find what works for you, and get plenty of trigger time. That's what it all really boils down too.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    If your FS 92 is DAO (double action only) on the first shot how can it be SA on the second? DAO guns always are DA

Top Bottom