• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Topher Durden

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Noblesville
    I"m looking at getting a shotgun for 3 gun and wanted to get opinions from my fellow INGOers on a few decent options for reliable shotguns to compete with. I"m not providing a budget since a number doesn't dictate the best option, but a great "value" shotgun would be ideal(read value, not cheap pos). What qualities or specs would be necessary or nice to have? I've seen this Mossberg 930 JM pro which looks appealing but could just be a POS in a "3 gun" dress for all I know. I"m looking for first-hand knowledge or advise from people that know what I would want better than myself.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    A great value on a new gun which may not be out there any more is the Benelli M2 American. It was a no frills version of the M2 and they dropped it from their line up. It looks like now that price point belongs to Franchi, who is also owned by Beretta. Dicks use to carry them, they may have some still on racks. Cant hurt to call and ask. Stress "American" when asking, the price should be around $899, I got mine for $799.

To me the best value out there are used Benelli M1's. There is nothing wrong with an M1 and I have seen many that cycled just fine on light loads. These days the $500 gun seems harder to find but $600 is out there. If you find a fairly rare one with 19" barrel and choke tubes buy it. The used Beretta 1201's are also a good deal. Between the two I prefer the M1 BUT don't turn down a deal on a 1201. I know guys rock the Mossbergs and I own Remingtons but since the mid 90's if it is Semi Auto, I have only bought Beretta or Benelli and have never paid full price on a single one. I am patient when I gun shop. For the price you get rock solid guns and that is important to me. Especially for sport. When you add up the cost of your time, travel, ammo and fees, fighting a POS gun all day costs you 3x what the gun did.

Bigdaddybell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2013
    Crown Point
    I bought a used Mossburg 930 semi auto, blackwater edition, 8 shot for $660, and I love it. I'm going to use this for 3 gun competition as well. I figured with the semi-auto I would have faster target aquisition on my follow up shots. Plus I couldn't pass up the price.

Top Bottom