• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HEADKNOCKER

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2017
    Clarksville
    I usually drive up Eastern Blvd. as I pass thru Clarksville & only take that away when I came back home from New Albany..
    To me it's always been there & it will look different for sure..
    My youngest son walks over that bridge all the time as it's seriously dangerous to try an cross at the light @ Randolph & Brown Station Way on foot..
    Most have forgotten that way back in the day that foot bridge went over to the property next to The Clarksville Drive In Theater & I'm sure that's why it was constructed to begin with.. And way before any of us the Colgate/Palmolive Plant was the 1st Indiana State Prison & the Wardens House is on the other side of the tracks abandoned for the last 40 years.. I hope they rebuild the walkway bridge, The Town needs it..

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Get this, I’ve talked to a few people “in the know” here in town about if and when the cross walk will be rebuilt. Now comes the dumb part (from a town official) “no, we can’t rebuild it because the zoning has changed and we’d have to tear down the two houses on either side of the road because they would be too close to the new cross walk”. :rolleyes:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Drivers’ company insurance should pay a good chunk toward a replacement bridge. The guy that took out the Rockville Road 465 overpass probably can’t get insurance anywhere after that payout.

Didn't they find out that was a mechanical problem that caused the machine to go up and strike the bridge?

Top Bottom