Sad day for my son and I. Former hunting land sold.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I suffered the same fate. I hunted 300 acres for 13 years but eventually it got leased to some guys from Florida that had heard about the great Hoosier bucks.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune, I suffered the same fate. I hunted 300 acres for 13 years but eventually it got leased to some guys from Florida that had heard about the great Hoosier bucks.

Same thing happened to me except it was 80 acres. The leasing company wanted $1500.00 to have hunting privilege's. To steep for my wallet.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Its happening in the Brookville (Frankilin county) area also. I believe this guy has about 2000 acres tied up and operating a business for out of staters to go after our whitetails. I'm non judgemental on his business but he has ran into issues with local zoning people over his operating a bed/breakfast serving food, unpermitted septic system and so on and on He has retained a lawyer and its interesting to follow the exploits. Bottom line is that a lot of farmers couldn't pass up the lease money when this guy is charging 1400 plus for a deer hunt. Quite a businessman I guess but indicative of the shrinking hunting availability for us peons.

Bushy Creek Whitetail Outfitters | Indiana Whitetail Outfitters

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    One of my old hunting spots in Oldham county Kentucky is now a horse farm. I don’t remember which one, but a fairly recent Kentucky derby winner is a permanent resident there. It was a beautiful place, fantastic deer, squirrel, and bird hunting, and it was right on the Ohio river by 18 mile island, so great catfishing, too.:(

Blakec221

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2019
    Rockville
    Hate to hear that man! It’s tough out there finding new hunting ground with groups like base camp and others paying top dollar for leases. I see more and more people every year running their friends and even family off of ground just to make a few extra bucks off of some deep pocketed city folk. Hunting used to be a poor mans sport, now it’s a rich mans sport!

Good luck man hope something turns up!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

JoeG1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2016
    Greenwood
    Don't be afraid to look at public land. I went to some public land a few years ago, only because it was close to home and I didn't have much time, and learned of a 180" class deer in the area. This deer was taken opening weekend (not by me) about 400 yards from where I was in my stand. I go to a few different public sites now, and saw a lot of deer this year, they were mostly does, but did see a nice shooter ( on the run, never got a shot). They are there you just have to put in a ton of time scouting and try to get to areas most people wont go. I find that most people wont hike more that 10 min or so.

Top Bottom