Clay County

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sorry this happened.

The sad truth is that when you have babies with people you aren't married to, they sometimes take those babies with them when they leave. Sometimes they keep company with someone who sees that child as only a nuisance.
    If you care about your children, marry their mother.
    If you don't want to marry her, don't have children with her.

And spare me that, "She tricked me," crap. YOU are responsible for what you do. If you won't take responsibility, you're a little boy who shouldn't be out without adult supervision.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    awful. disgusting. unthinkable.

Just a few of my thoughts not describing how angry this makes me.

I agree, but the new boyfriend abusing and sometimes killing the children of the old boyfriend seems to be almost standard operating procedure, anymore.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    That's so terrible. I can imagine the pain that man is filling right now. If anyone ever touched my son I would bring a swift justice to them, unlike our justice system. The sad part is that POS that did that will not even serve life most likely....last I knew they hadn't even charge him with murder yet. I wish nothing but bad things for that murderer.

Prayers out to AP and his family.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Sorry this happened.

The sad truth is that when you have babies with people you aren't married to, they sometimes take those babies with them when they leave. Sometimes they keep company with someone who sees that child as only a nuisance.
    If you care about your children, marry their mother.
    If you don't want to marry her, don't have children with her.

And spare me that, "She tricked me," crap. YOU are responsible for what you do. If you won't take responsibility, you're a little boy who shouldn't be out without adult supervision.

Seriously? So people who have children before marriage and then can't get along with the other afterwards are a littls boy? Got news for you, people change. Case and point, my girlfriend and I split for 4 years and stuff changed between us. We're now super happy. **** happens.

Back to the topic at hand, it's very sad to hear this. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Seriously? So people who have children before marriage and then can't get along with the other afterwards are a little boy? Got news for you, people change. Case and point, my girlfriend and I split for 4 years and stuff changed between us. We're now super happy. **** happens.

Back to the topic at hand, it's very sad to hear this. Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

I'm glad you're happy.

A man has a responsibility to be a true father to every child to whom he is a biological father. Dodging that responsibility makes him a little boy.

In my opinion, people who bring children into existence without a stable, committed family to rear them are behaving irresponsibly. I call that immature and childish. I believe a man who does that is, like a little boy, just thinking of himself and his wants and needs.

In this society, the most stable relationship for rearing children is a marriage. Sure, some of them fail, but it is much more likely that a relationship lacking in legal recognition will collapse. When that happens, a child is often raised by a single parent and is more likely to suffer poverty and more likely to get in trouble with the law.

No real man would want that for his child. The best a real man can do is be married to the mother of his children and love and respect her in front of them. She should love and respect her husband, also. That's the way it is supposed to be.

Sorry if some of you are offended. I call truth as I see it.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    There are no words.

Well, not quite. Here's a few suggestions:

"Douchebag, you are accused of the following crimes....."

"You have been found guilty and are sentenced to ......"

Of course, that's before he's found wanting at a particular set of gates if he doesn't change his ways. And those words are a lot worse.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Seriously? So people who have children before marriage and then can't get along with the other afterwards are a littls boy? Got news for you, people change. Case and point, my girlfriend and I split for 4 years and stuff changed between us. We're now super happy. **** happens.

Lighten up, Francis. He made it clear that the onus was on the father to take responsibility. While it's not ideal, a father can still take responsibility without marrying the mother. The unstated rest of his comments (if I may be so bold as to put words in his mouth) was that the responsibility starts the minute you have sex with someone. In short, if you're having sex, then you'd better be ready to be a parent and a co-parent. Anything less is exactly like a little boy: I want what I want without all of the responsibilities that go with it.

('you' is generic. But if the shoe fits.....)

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm glad you're happy.

A man has a responsibility to be a true father to every child to whom he is a biological father. Dodging that responsibility makes him a little boy.

In my opinion, people who bring children into existence without a stable, committed family to rear them are behaving irresponsibly. I call that immature and childish. I believe a man who does that is, like a little boy, just thinking of himself and his wants and needs.

In this society, the most stable relationship for rearing children is a marriage. Sure, some of them fail, but it is much more likely that a relationship lacking in legal recognition will collapse. When that happens, a child is often raised by a single parent and is more likely to suffer poverty and more likely to get in trouble with the law.

No real man would want that for his child. The best a real man can do is be married to the mother of his children and love and respect her in front of them. She should love and respect her husband, also. That's the way it is supposed to be.

Sorry if some of you are offended. I call truth as I see it.

Wow. I'll make sure I tell my other half that we better go sign a piece of paper for the sake of our two little girls. Although I DO agree that a stable relationship is the best thing for a child, I do not agree that stable = marriage. There are many people who get married and stay married just "for the kids". Often times those kids are miserable. Far more miserable than they would be if the parents were separated. I do understand what you're getting at and I do agree with it. But it's pretty ridiculous to assume that a marriage automatically means you have a stable relationship. It's also pretty ridiculous to assume that if you aren't married your relationship is unstable.

On the topic at hand, I'm disgusted that anyone could do something so horrible to as child. Makes me sick to my stomach...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No, marriage does not guarantee stability and non-marriage does not guarantee instability.

A lot of practice does not guarantee you'll be a good shot, but effective practice makes it more likely.

One can often find a good unmarried relationship or a bad married relationship, but, on average, the married relationships are stronger.

It's good that your relationship is solid, most aren't.

Just don't assume all are or that marriage makes a relationship less stable.

Don't fall into the attitude that "All Indians walk single file; the only one I ever saw did."

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    No, marriage does not guarantee stability and non-marriage does not guarantee instability.

A lot of practice does not guarantee you'll be a good shot, but effective practice makes it more likely.

One can often find a good unmarried relationship or a bad married relationship, but, on average, the married relationships are stronger.

It's good that your relationship is solid, most aren't.

Just don't assume all are or that marriage makes a relationship less stable.

Don't fall into the attitude that "All Indians walk single file; the only one I ever saw did."

Your previous post suggests that you may have fallen into that attitude. I don't think for one second that marriage makes a relationship less stable. Quite frankly I don't think it matters whether a couple is married or not. You don't need a piece of paper from the state to be committed. What you posted suggests that it's the solution for anyone who impregnates a woman. I think a more appropriate solution would be to be a part of your child's life and take responsibility for him/her. If that involves marriage then that's great. But it's not for everyone. One can still be a good parent without it. A piece of paper and a ring on the finger doesn't mean squat. Commitment to your significant other and/or your children comes from within. Not from a signature and a gold band.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Your previous post suggests that you may have fallen into that attitude. I don't think for one second that marriage makes a relationship less stable. Quite frankly I don't think it matters whether a couple is married or not. You don't need a piece of paper from the state to be committed. What you posted suggests that it's the solution for anyone who impregnates a woman. I think a more appropriate solution would be to be a part of your child's life and take responsibility for him/her. If that involves marriage then that's great. But it's not for everyone. One can still be a good parent without it. A piece of paper and a ring on the finger doesn't mean squat. Commitment to your significant other and/or your children comes from within. Not from a signature and a gold band.

No, I think the solution is no sex until after marriage.

I think sex is too important to engage in with more than one person.
    I believe in commitment for life and fidelity within marriage.

Yes, I really am that old and that old fashioned.

Do what you want. Deal with the consequences. Its a free country.

Top Bottom