• ...and so much more!
  • indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Morton? I grew up in Putnam county and drove through Morton all the time on the way to friend's houses. Was this place around for a long time? In High School, I wasn't as interested in guns. That was in the '80s.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    That's sad to hear. Steve was a great guy. I have bought quite a few guns from him in the past and he was always great to deal with. That place is one of the best shops in the state.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Morton? I grew up in Putnam county and drove through Morton all the time on the way to friend's houses. Was this place around for a long time? In High School, I wasn't as interested in guns. That was in the '80s.

The stores been called a few different things over the years. Morton Country store, Morton Arms, Morton Bait shop, even though the signage has never changed. It's on 36 and CR 500 (takes you to Glenn flint lake, big 2 story building) for the last 20 or so years.

Steve and Linda were always nice people. Steves family is in my prayers. I wonder if Linda will keep the store open.

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    Was only in the store once, but VERY nice people! Prayers to his Wife and family. Steve was a super fellow. Not many little country store gun shops like his left.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Was only there once while going to Parke County for a gig.

I stopped there on a lark. Never would have thought to see so many gun piled into the racks and cases. Still have the revolver that I purchased there.

Rest in Peace.

FredMcIntire

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Dec 24, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    Yes, I agree, super nice people. I have passed by the store / gun shop for the last 25 years or more and NEVER knew it was a gun shop until a couple years ago !

I have no idea what their plans are for the future. I haven't seen so many guns crammed into one place in a long time.

keyser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    Wow, that is sad to hear. I was in there for the first time last month and I believe he checked in my turkey.

Cowboy1629

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    In case anyone was wondering, I spoke with Steve's wife Monday on the phone and she is staying in the gun business. She said they are closed on Tuesdays now but other than that they are still in business.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Man, I must've driven past that place a hundred times on the way to see the in-laws. Didn't have a budget back then, so stopping would've just made me feel worse :( May be motivation to take my son over to see his mamaw, and to the cemetery.

Top Bottom