Sad to see another marriage coming apart at the seams.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Ive known some horrible marriages that ended up OK.
    But both were spiritually on track to get it.

As usual, one person had their act together, honored their covenant, the other was a horse's arse but finally figured it out.

Have seen many where it wasn't aligned and it failed.
    Seen others that never got aligned, still together, and miserable.

IMHO too many take this marriage stuff way too lightly.

You honor your covenant, should certain conditions set you free, don't be a dumbarse and screw up again.

Real simple...........do we live in the Garden of Eden?
    If not, why?

You know the answer.

Assume the risk, or not.

I tell young guys at work that are chasing the wimmins to just stay home, buy guns and spank it.
    They laugh.

30 yrs from now they will understand.

Told my stepson to get his stuff clipped at 16.
    That way when he's 40 the biggest drama in his life will be............

do I take the red Jeep out with the blue bass boat, or the blue Jeep out with the red bass boat?

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    A man needs to figure a woman out. It is very difficult to do so, but it does help. Secondly, we men talk too much and try to play Mr. fixit.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Always look for a woman wiser than yourself, that will stand up to you, and that acts like you are the best. If she talks about her problems, shut up. If she and you argue about anything and one of you is angry, shut up. If you want to whine about something, shut up. If you can't go hunting, fishing, motorcycling any time you want while courting her, LEAVE! (You never pay for sex. You pay for her to leave.) If you didn't catch that, read it again.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I know a couple that celebrated their 50th last year. They haven't loved each other in probably a decade. It seems that material & monetary things held them together for only so long. When that is gone, the "I can't stand the way they chew" or similar rears its head. I don't see them splitting up but as far as the marriage, it's over.

I once heard that it's impossible to hold a loving marriage together with money or semen. If that ain't the truth.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, I know. It's just a damn shame to see it happen so often, and to good friends. The worst part is seeing people stay in it when they knew it was over for so long. So many years of potential happiness thrown away in the complaceny of the staus quo.

Months between sex, one sleeping on the couch for years rather than share a bed, the widening gulf of separate interests.

Yeah, my older sister is a good example. She married a man 20 years her senior. Apparently they stayed together for my nephew. Even after he was grown and out in college they were still coexisting. She was too much in denial to leave, and he was too lazy to care.

He hit 70 and had a life threatening illness. His only hope was to get motivated and work hard to get better. He refused and just gave up, choosing to lay around in his rehab facility bed and not do what was required to get better. She realized that she had to divorce him right there in the middle of that crisis or else he was going to destroy her financially because without his hard work, he would be in an expensive rehab facility indefinitely and literally bankrupt the two of them.

She finally admitted the divorce was about 15 years later than it should have been.

And now she's dating another older guy who's a real peach. (and looks like her ex's brother, frankly) Not a bad guy in general, but he's a liberal dem with zero sense.

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I was almost divorced a few years into my marriage. My wife struggles with depression. ( more so self esteem due to a s***y family) I didn’t handle it well as a young fella. After our daughter was born it got even harder and I really couldn’t handle it. I did some things I’m ashamed of and for whatever reason my wife wouldn’t give up me.
    We are at 12 years now and I know I couldNever ever be happier with anyone else. She can still be a pain but I’m no picnic and it took me a while to see that. I’m blessed that she didn’t quit on me!

SarahG

Snow Shovel
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2017
    Morgan County
    For me I always think of divorce as a happy/sad combo. It's difficult, but they'll likely both live more fulfilling lives once it's over - or so that's my hope. My divorce was horrible, but it was also one of the best decisions I've ever made.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Always look for a woman wiser than yourself, that will stand up to you, and that acts like you are the best. If she talks about her problems, shut up. If she and you argue about anything and one of you is angry, shut up. If you want to whine about something, shut up. If you can't go hunting, fishing, motorcycling any time you want while courting her, LEAVE! (You never pay for sex. You pay for her to leave.) If you didn't catch that, read it again.

Yeah. And going beyond three decades now she's my best friend, I load her ammo and hope to never bore her.
    Not because she might leave but because it is what I want for her.
    I treasure her. Not the taste upon my tongue but her well being.

White Squirrel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Evansville
    This Tuesday I will have been married to the same woman for 41 years. It's still good.:)

Good for both of you. We passed the 45 year mark in June and we both had times we wanted to walk away and call it quits. Instead we worked things out and now we just want to walk into the future together. I can't imagine living without her.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    As my wife says, we have been happily married for 20 years, and married for over 45. Thank goodness a third of that time was sleeping!

All kidding aside, its been a great 45 years... I think what's helped the most is that I married a conservative, and so did she :>) She is also a heck of a shot.

I have seen a few marriage's come apart, most of them were obvious, but occasionally one will come apart right out of the blue.

Ron

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    Next Monday will be our 41 year anniversary. About 10 years ago we both forgot our anniversary until about 2 weeks later. Pretty much just another day.

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    For me I always think of divorce as a happy/sad combo. It's difficult, but they'll likely both live more fulfilling lives once it's over - or so that's my hope. My divorce was horrible, but it was also one of the best decisions I've ever made.

I have learned this in life, its better to come from a broken marriage/home than to live in one as a spouse or child.
    Thanks Master Chief for showing your children that growing up with a single parent is not a bad thing.

Top Bottom