• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Dammit, Janet. Just got an email from Midway that Safariland holsters are 20% off and free shipping for orders more than $25.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So the ALS 7377 was on backorder for a long time (supposed to ship in August) then I magically got notice that it was being delivered. w00t.

It seem nice. I like a whole bunch about it... but I didn't realize the belt loops were intended to be mated to a belt like all the time. That is, this model doesn't really allow for transferring the holster/weapon as a single item from the belt to another place, like a gun safe. That's only means that this holster is limited to certain applications that remain fairly rare for me.

Do they sell just the paddle attachment? Or does someone else make something that will work with it? I spent some time on that G-code site and, while it looks awesome, that's alot to take in, too.

SDH - did you make a decision? What did you go with?

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    So the ALS 7377 was on backorder for a long time (supposed to ship in August) then I magically got notice that it was being delivered. w00t.

It seem nice. I like a whole bunch about it... but I didn't realize the belt loops were intended to be mated to a belt like all the time. That is, this model doesn't really allow for transferring the holster/weapon as a single item from the belt to another place, like a gun safe. That's only means that this holster is limited to certain applications that remain fairly rare for me.

Do they sell just the paddle attachment? Or does someone else make something that will work with it? I spent some time on that G-code site and, while it looks awesome, that's alot to take in, too.

SDH - did you make a decision? What did you go with?
    You can order just the paddle from Safariland, Amazon and EBay along with just about any website that sells Safariland. That’s one of the great things with the Safariland three hole mounting design. Also you could add the Quick Locking System “QLS” to the holster and belt loop “UBL”. The one down side of that it makes the holster stick out from the body about a half inch so if you are using a cover garment it may print a little.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I decided to stew over it a while. I am going to use it for a battle belt, and plate carrier utilizing the qls to swap between them. Both of which then used for 2 gun and biathlon type run and gun events. All that to say, totally for fun and games. I'm teetering on justifying it so I'm going to run my old kit for a while and make the move with a little more experience to base it on.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    BIG Safariland ALS fan, here. Wear one at work every day, and also have one on my battle belt for range and class use.

We sell a lot of the 578 GLS holsters at the shop because they are one size fits many (including some real oddballs that would otherwise be hard to find a good holster for), but I don't think the GLS is nearly as intuitive to activate as the ALS, and the 578 holster is much more lightly/cheaply built than a 63XX.

My $0.02.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Quick followup, I got the regular "large" paddle and the more minimalist micropaddle for the ALS. I'm not sure it was actually INTENDED to fit, but it sure is close enough. (One of the screws was different.) Both are very well designed.

I think I prefer the "micropaddle" but for my application, the larger paddle will probably get some use.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Late to the show, but I've found the paddle on my ALS very uncomfortable and use the Belt Slide mount exclusively. This was on my side during my Rangemaster IDC (which I passed) and serves me well on the rare occasion that I OC.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Late to the show, but I've found the paddle on my ALS very uncomfortable and use the Belt Slide mount exclusively. This was on my side during my Rangemaster IDC (which I passed) and serves me well on the rare occasion that I OC.

Do you have the full paddle, or the "micropaddle"? The latter is:

model_571_back.jpg

I have it currently installed, for testing.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'm posting just to demonstrate how I have the ability to take forever to pull the trigger on a purchase,
    Just bought a 6360-219 w/ als on ebay. :):

Top Bottom