• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BravoMike

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Avon
    Good news for that man. You would think that they have more important cases to go after rather than an individual who carried two, too many cartridges.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Good for the DA, good for New Yorkers. Bad politics for the facists Cuomo, Bloomberg, et al, but they were stupid enough to pick the fight, I hope it comes back to bite them in the rear big time.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'm sure this will **** Cuomo off big time. I wonder if there is any recourse at the state-level? Perhaps Cuomo can has his state AG file charges against him. If there is jurisdiction, I'm sure he will.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Outstanding on the DA's part. More of this needs to happen to be ultimately successful against such egregious anti 2A legislation. It's unfortunate that the Leo who made the arrest didn't see it the same way and put the brakes on before it even got to the DA.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I'm sure this will **** Cuomo off big time. I wonder if there is any recourse at the state-level? Perhaps Cuomo can has his state AG file charges against him. If there is jurisdiction, I'm sure he will.

Yes, the New York Attorney General has statutory authority to prosecute things such as securities fraud, labor violations, insurance scams, inter alia. However, that is limited and does not include general criminal law.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    This is why I maintain it is SO important that firearms owners pay attention to who their elected prosecutor is and be active in both that election and in making their feelings known to him/her.

In Indiana, the prosecutor has all but unlimited discretion in charging decisions and having a good one who is pro-self defense can make an incredible difference.

Best,

Joe

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yes, the New York Attorney General has statutory authority to prosecute things such as securities fraud, labor violations, insurance scams, inter alia. However, that is limited and does not include general criminal law.

Hum.. then it looks like NY needs to change that to allow the NYAG to do criminal law as well since the DA is not willing to do his/her job. ;)

Top Bottom