• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    For all we know it a bolt action with the bolt removed.

Someone brought this up on another forum. Unlikely you can drive down a major highway for 10 minutes without seeing an unsafe act.

Granted 2 wrongs do not make a right, but we need to live in the real world and understand its a dangerous world no matter where you live.

Frankly I'm much more worried watching an oncoming driver holding a cell phone at the top of the steering wheel with both hands in the same position, obviously texting.

Last edited:

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I was at the Gander Mountain in Greenwood the other day, and a man was viewing the sights of an AR, dry firing it along the gun case, through about 10 people...and he was behind the counter, working. Very confused on how this acceptable behavior from an employee...but I will agree, it is the world we live in. Still had me a little worried :dunno:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I was at the Gander Mountain in Greenwood the other day, and a man was viewing the sights of an AR, dry firing it along the gun case, through about 10 people...and he was behind the counter, working. Very confused on how this acceptable behavior from an employee...but I will agree, it is the world we live in. Still had me a little worried :dunno:
    In reality, I was confident the gun was unloaded, but it is still bad practice, especially from an employee. He wasn't even working with a customer. There has to be a better place in the store (aka the back room) to do that.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    It was a bore laser sight. And that would hardly stop a bullet.
    I would wonder how much backpressure [if any] it could generate before it got dislodged. I know I won't fire a weapon with anything in the chamber even if the bullet could theoretically easily remove it.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I would wonder how much backpressure [if any] it could generate before it got dislodged. I know I won't fire a weapon with anything in the chamber even if the bullet could theoretically easily remove it.
    Normally does an ok job of stopping the bullet but may end up with other problems. The below photo was taken after the first shot right after a guy bore-sighted his rifle. He saved a step and removed the bore-sighter at the same time as shooting the first shot.
    bore1.jpg

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Normally does an ok job of stopping the bullet but may end up with other problems. The below photo was taken after the first shot right after a guy bore-sighted his rifle. He saved a step and removed the bore-sighter at the same time as shooting the first shot.
    bore1.jpg
    Fair enough. Still not the safest thing to do.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    For all we know it a bolt action with the bolt removed.

Someone brought this up on another forum. Unlikely you can drive down a major highway for 10 minutes without seeing an unsafe act.

Granted 2 wrongs do not make a right, but we need to live in the real world and understand its a dangerous world no matter where you live.

Frankly I'm much more worried watching an oncoming driver holding a cell phone at the top of the steering wheel with both hands in the same position, obviously texting.

Doesnt matter if the bolt is removed or not. For me its the principle of it. It could be my best friend who i trust with my life with the bolt out of the rifle i know for sure its empty etc. and i can promise you hes getting punched in the face. It doesnt matter what the condition of the weapon is...Dont point it at other people unless you mean to take their life, just that flippin simple.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Doesnt matter if the bolt is removed or not. For me its the principle of it. It could be my best friend who i trust with my life with the bolt out of the rifle i know for sure its empty etc. and i can promise you hes getting punched in the face. It doesnt matter what the condition of the weapon is...Dont point it at other people unless you mean to take their life, just that flippin simple.

Punched in the face? A) You have anger management issues. And B) I don't think I'd be your friend for very long.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood

Was this the young kid with black hair and a pierced lip? Ive seen him sweep the store with a shotgun. Also heard a lady ask him the difference between a LC9 and a LC380 and all he said was different bullets. He also refused to check me out one day for amo when no one else was around.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    bore1.jpg
    Looks like what happens when Bugs sticks his finger in Elmer's gun!

SnakEEater

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    IN
    While I don't encourage pointing weapons at others and I take issue with people I don't know doing it, my reaction is not as extreme as USMC Johnson's - particularly with guys I trust.

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End

And you sir would need a VERY good Lawyer, just that flippin simple.

indydrew1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 29, 2013
    Greenwood
    While I don't encourage pointing weapons at others and I take issue with people I don't know doing it, my reaction is not as extreme as USMC Johnson's - particularly with guys I trust.

I understand what your saying, but it's a bad example for new gun owners int hat store. Do you trust a Gander Mountain employee? The fact is a lot of new gun owners go there to over pay $100 on every gun they sell. This isn't giving new gun owners a great example to live by.

Top Bottom