• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • funeralweb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    I'm looking for safety courses in close proximity to Bloomington/Spencer to gift to my daughter and son-in-law for Christmas. I've already checked NRA offerings and the nearest ones are close to 50 miles away. They're not out of the question but just wondering if there's any non-NRA offerings that are closer. I'd also like some recommendations for LGS in that area to shop for weapons. I'm 125 miles away from there and any assistance would be appreciated.

What better gift than security training for people you care about?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Don't know about Bloomington but there is quite a bit of stuff around Columbus. This time of year options will be more limited because of weather.

Seymour is the place to go for shopping. Three gun stores and an indoor range. I hear Nashville has a nice store.

If it were my daughter I would just buy her a Bite the Bullet (Seymour) gift card and send her invto talk to Lauren. The ladies love working with a female gun store owner.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Don't know about Bloomington but there is quite a bit of stuff around Columbus. This time of year options will be more limited because of weather.

Seymour is the place to go for shopping. Three gun stores and an indoor range. I hear Nashville has a nice store.

If it were my daughter I would just buy her a Bite the Bullet (Seymour) gift card and send her invto talk to Lauren. The ladies love working with a female gun store owner.

:+1:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I can't really recommend any gun shops in Bloomington. For firearms, you may want to have them drive to Indy. Or we do have a Rural King and they sell firearms.

Have you thought about having them attend a Revere's Rider's basic rifle course? They will learn safety in spades at one of those. Plus good marksmanship skills.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Check in with precision gun range just east of Spencer and Riley conservation club near riley. Precision gun range was, last I checked, was home to a chapter of The Well Armed Woman. These would be the places I would start as far as looking for training opportunities.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    davidjnau
    Top Bottom