• safety switch or no safety switch

• Total voters

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I carry a traditional DA/SA that has a safety/decocker, but I never engage it except to safely lower the hammer.
    That long first trigger pull makes it as safe to carry as a revolver.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I do not own any pistols with a manual safety. That being said, I can see an advantage to a manual safety should your carry pistol fall into the hands of someone who wished to do you harm. It's something that I have thought about often. If I did make a change to a pistol with a manual safety, I can assure you that my bug would not have a manual safety.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    as i was browsing cabelas for new carry gun i heard a conversation. clerk and customer both saying they would never carry a gun with out safety. All of mine currently don't have a safety but that may change if I go appendix.how many do you fine people carry ?

Musta been Bob at the Hammond Cabelas. He preaches his ethos on the thumb safety pretty religiously. Oddly enough, I ran into him in the wild and he was OCing a glock. Maybe he just wants noobs he's selling guns to to have a thumb safety :dunno:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Dumb poll. Most pistols have some sort of safety feature. If I remember correctly, Glocks have two internal safeties and the trigger safety. And, as with any handgun, if you guard the trigger - e.g. keep your finger off it - there's no reason for it to go off unexpectedly. Even most modern revolvers have a trigger bar that keeps them from firing if dropped on the hammer.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am sure the OP was referring to manual mechanical safeties. Many popular handguns are now being offered as two versions. A "safety" and "No safety" model.

pack-indy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Shoshone NF
    No safeties here...appendix carry or otherwise. I wouldn't change my method based on carry location though. Proper holster coverage and safety discipline suffice.

kalrez

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    NW Indianapolis, IN
    My Springfield XD has no thumb safety, but I wish I had the version that included it. Just can't get comfortable with it as a carry gun after handling a 1911 for years.

7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    Poll fail. No bacon option...
    knew i forget something
    Musta been Bob at the Hammond Cabelas. He preaches his ethos on the thumb safety pretty religiously. Oddly enough, I ran into him in the wild and he was OCing a glock. Maybe he just wants noobs he's selling guns to to have a thumb safety :dunno:
    it was a blonde lady talking to an illinois deputy. she did say her husband didnt like them either
    Dumb poll. Most pistols have some sort of safety feature. If I remember correctly, Glocks have two internal safeties and the trigger safety. And, as with any handgun, if you guard the trigger - e.g. keep your finger off it - there's no reason for it to go off unexpectedly. Even most modern revolvers have a trigger bar that keeps them from firing if dropped on the hammer.
    i meant mechanical safety but couldnt think of the name at time.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    The trigger is my safety. From experience if that trigger is not pulled that gun don't fire. Learning to handle a gun properly and using a holster that protects the trigger from being pulled accidentally is all the safety I need.

Top Bottom