• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    $99 Complete lower?

I am a little worried about the upcoming election and the impact on gun prices. I want to do what I can to prepare, but have limited funds. I saw a Safir complete AR lower for $99. It is marked 410 but supposedly handles a 556/223 upper just fine. Turkish made, I think.

Does anyone have experience with these? Ultimately it would just be part of a range gun. I love the price, but want something that actually works. Anxious to hear your thoughts/experiences.

Maybe plumcrazy at $129 instead???

Trying to keep my options open.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Just me, but I'd say run away! I have zero experience with the Safir Arms lowers, but I have an ongoing nightmare happening right now over one of those Safir Arms uppers that is .410ga.

I had problems from the start, and I've had exactly ZERO help from Safir Arms or ATI (American Tactical Imports) trying to resolve the situation.

Just last week I filed a complaint with the BBB over a Safir Arms part.

Hope that tells you SOMETHING.

For more on the story, please go to the thread I started in the general firearms section titled, "ATI customer service-NOT"

The lowers may work fine, I don't know because I only bought the upper. I won't take another chance on them though.

Interloper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Wow! I think that is about all I need to hear. If the upper is that bad, it certainly makes me question the quality of their $99 complete lower. Thanks for the warning.

Top Bottom