• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    This all applies post conversion otherwise it won't work:

If it's fixed you want you can't go wrong with a kvar nato length stock. Looks authentic and it's a little longer (1.5") than a warsaw length.

saigajunefloor2.jpg

If it's collapsible you want you can't go wrong with either a vltor or caa tube with whatever stock you want attached.
    vltor
    images

caa
    Saiga_S12_CAA.JPG

For folding stocks you can't go wrong with an ace.

images

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well to get you started, go for this:
    CONVERSION KIT #1 SAIGA 12

Extremely easy to do, just use some decent rust resistant spray paint to cover the bare metal on the bottom of the receiver until you have it refinished. The paint did well enough for me.

I eventually ended up buying a conversion block and cutting my tang off to install an ACE stock. I believe they're about the best option really.
    swesdi.jpg

DMarines007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    I have seen Saiga 12 Gauge range in price tremendously. From $500 to $1500. What is the deal with all of this fluctuation?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    By far, the Saiga 12 is the best combat shotgun on the market, even better than the Bennelli M4 shottie.

I'd have to disagree with you.

It's a niche weapon, and not a good general purpose shotgun. You lose the ability to do a lot of things a normal shotgun can do and you run into very very expensive magazines that are bulky.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I have seen Saiga 12 Gauge range in price tremendously. From $500 to $1500. What is the deal with all of this fluctuation?

A couple of reasons really.

1) The ATF just last week issued a study on imported shotguns in regards to the "sporting clause" of the 1984 GCA. While it has made ZERO restrictions, folks have come to the conclusion that the ATF may reclass the S12 or ban its importation, thus the panic buying is in full affect.

2) The company that used to have the import rights has lost the contract.

3) (Pure rumor) Supposedly Izsmash, the maker of the S12, has stopped production completely due to quality control issues and contracts for other rifles.

Reason 1 and 2 are fact, number 3 is interweb hearsay.

Top Bottom