• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    If they can tell people how to wear their clothes, cant they also tell you what boots you are allowed to wear?

While I think sagging looks absolutely stupid this is an infringement on freedom

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Ban on sagging? I'd find that to be a bit of overreach, but if we can see your underwear that should most definitely be considered public indecency. Personally I'd like a ban on sagging, but like tnichols said there is always the risk of a slippery slope which keeps me from seeking such a ban.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    If they can tell people how to wear their clothes, cant they also tell you what boots you are allowed to wear?

While I think sagging looks absolutely stupid this is an infringement on freedom

My view exactly, I don't want the government telling me how to wear my gun.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There has been a 10-year ban on sagging already. I put it in place when my son was born and he's never been found not in compliance with the ban.

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

Welll, women can't walk around in public topless, people in general could be tagged for Public Indecency for walking around in their underwear, same for anyone that is caught sitting in public with shorts so short and loose that when sitting in a slouch, legs spread way akimbo and flashing their mommy or daddy parts for all to see. These are telling people what and how they can wear their clothes. I have personally seen this more than once.

A couple of months ago a saw a shirtless guy walking down the street with his pants hanging well below the midway point of his a-$$ and pulling his boxers down far enough to show so much of his azzcrak that every plumber in town would blush. This is where this stupid fad is going and I would prefer not to see it or have my kids exposed to it. And a lot of the idiots that do this anymore have their pants hanging all the way off of the bottom of their a-$$. Just once I would love to see something cause one of these idiots to actually have to run and watch him fall flat on his face and try to get back up.

I kind of liken it to the F-word and nudity on Primetime TV. It doesn't offend me, but I don't care to have my young kids exposed to it surreptitiously while I may or may not be looking during family TV time before they go to bed. That is what late night and pay TV are for. While there should be freedom of speech, there is nothing wrong with standards as long as they don't interfere with the free exchange of ideas. And if one can't get their point across without the use of deletable expletives around someone elses (sp) kids, maybe one should consider their education. The free exchange of ideas, including political speech were the main concern of the Founding Fathers. That is what political correctness targets and it should be sent to the trash heap political history.

As far as half-a$$ pants fashion, everyone is entitled to their opinion and thoughts.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Welll, women can't walk around in public topless, people in general could be tagged for Public Indecency for walking around in their underwear, same for anyone that is caught sitting in public with shorts so short and loose that when sitting in a slouch, legs spread way akimbo and flashing their mommy or daddy parts for all to see. These are telling people what and how they can wear their clothes. I have personally seen this more than once..

Actually, women in New York can walk around the city topless. It's not against a law. But before you book your next flight, just remember, it's not going to be any of the women you'd want to see topless.

Ladies of New York, you are free to walk bare-breasted through the city! New York City's 34,000 police officers have been instructed that, should they encounter a woman in public who is shirtless but obeying the law, they should not arrest her. This is a good step towards gender parity in public spaces.
    This decision means that breast exposure is not considered public lewdness, indecent exposure, or disorderly conduct. It also notes that, should a crowd form around a topless woman, the officer should instruct the crowd to disperse and then respond appropriately if it does not. Relative coverage is no longer a factor.

Back on topic though, I'm still uncertain if I feel anyone has the right to tell me what I can and can not wear. Any time I see a thug with sagging shorts/pants, I always see them with another layer on underneath. Usually boxers or basketball shorts. I'm not offended by that really, in fact I find it comical I could probably lead them on a foot chase and laugh knowing they've got their hands on their side holding up their pants making sure they don't fall down :P

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Welll, women can't walk around in public topless, people in general could be tagged for Public Indecency for walking around in their underwear, same for anyone that is caught sitting in public with shorts so short and loose that when sitting in a slouch, legs spread way akimbo and flashing their mommy or daddy parts for all to see. These are telling people what and how they can wear their clothes. I have personally seen this more than once.

A couple of months ago a saw a shirtless guy walking down the street with his pants hanging well below the midway point of his a-$$ and pulling his boxers down far enough to show so much of his azzcrak that every plumber in town would blush. This is where this stupid fad is going and I would prefer not to see it or have my kids exposed to it. And a lot of the idiots that do this anymore have their pants hanging all the way off of the bottom of their a-$$. Just once I would love to see something cause one of these idiots to actually have to run and watch him fall flat on his face and try to get back up.

I kind of liken it to the F-word and nudity on Primetime TV. It doesn't offend me, but I don't care to have my young kids exposed to it surreptitiously while I may or may not be looking during family TV time before they go to bed. That is what late night and pay TV are for. While there should be freedom of speech, there is nothing wrong with standards as long as they don't interfere with the free exchange of ideas. And if one can't get their point across without the use of deletable expletives around someone elses (sp) kids, maybe one should consider their education. The free exchange of ideas, including political speech were the main concern of the Founding Fathers. That is what political correctness targets and it should be sent to the trash heap political history.

As far as half-a$$ pants fashion, everyone is entitled to their opinion and thoughts.

Someone exposing themselves is different than showing an article of clothing under another. The line to someone exposing themselves is where the mommy and daddy parts are showing. What if someone wheres basketball shorts under their jeans they are sagging? What if they wear swim trunks? Are boxers visually different than those two? If so couldnt they just wear bball shorts and sag?

What about bikini's should women not be allowed to wear those? How about short shorts?

It sounds like you do not want ppl to be allowed to do things in public that would make you feel uncomfortable, or things you dont want your kids exposed to... is that correct?

If so should someone who does not feel comfortable around firearms be able to tell you that you cannot carry a firearm in public?

While I do agree that exposing yourself is unacceptable it is not the same as sagging.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I have a core issue with any restriction on anyone's freedoms. While I don't wear my pants at my knees, I believe people do have rights. Perhaps just make it public indecency if there is crack showing? If someone wants to walk around in boxer shorts with jeans around their neck like a cape, then so be it. (or due to this law do the boxer shorts need to be "sagging"?)

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Yea, I don't like the look either. It's poor taste in advertising.
    However, I do believe they have rights and I don't want the Gov to have more power than necessary. See some puke walking around like that and just smack his daddy for not teaching him better.....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Ban on sagging? I'd find that to be a bit of overreach, but if we can see your underwear that should most definitely be considered public indecency.

Especially at the beach or a local pool. I find it appaling in what people think they need to wear before they get wet

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I thoroughly detest the saggy pants look.
    So much so that I get verbal about it to the offender. Snarky comments and all...(I'm old. You can get away with crazy ol' lady talk when ya iz one!)
    HOWEVER... I do NOT think Government in any form should be involved in any way.
    If a crazy old lady asks you if your ass is doubling as a bike rack, that's a heck of a lot different than an official representative of the state collecting fines or dispensing punishments enforceable by laws...

Effingham

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Franklin
    aVhvR.jpg

It really is ludicrous.

saggy-pants-thug1.jpg

And then there's this:

tumblr_msfdebnbmC1r7ntcxo1_250.gif

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    So much so that I get verbal about it to the offender. Snarky comments and all...(I'm old. You can get away with crazy ol' lady talk when ya iz one!)
    If a crazy old lady asks you if your ass is doubling as a bike rack, that's a heck of a lot different than an official representative of the state collecting fines or dispensing punishments enforceable by laws...

You guys may be right on this, BUT I AM SOOOOOO GDMN TIRED OF SEEING KIDS AND THE OCCASIONAL ADULT WEARIN' THEIR PANTS DOWN OFF THEIR A$$ THAT I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT. And I will strangle my kid if I EVER catch him doing that shiite.

I did something like what you have. Had a kid about 16 or 17 walk up behind in the checkout lane with cap twisted quarter ways and pants hanging half-way off his ass. I looked at him and said "pull your pants boy". He looks at me and asks, "what's up with you pops?" I told him "it's one thing to be a snot-nosed, booger-eating moron, but it's another to advertise it and remove any doubt". I thought the girl at the register was going to choke trying to keep from laughing. The idiot had this dumb look on his face and mumbled to himself.

I did pay close attention to him as I was leaving though.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    JetGirl knows what's up. :): I laugh more at how the saggy pants make those people walk like a duck. If any of my kids ever try that crap I'll make them wear squeaky rubber ducks on their shoes that'll quack with every step...er waddle.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    If their pants are sagging, there must be a shortage on belts or the proper size apparel to wear. We must raise money to aid those who truly need the help they just aren't receiving from their communities.

Top Bottom