• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Liberty is the freedom to do that which you wish.... along with the consequences that result.

Wear the baggy pants.... and when you are tagged as a jackass without enough sense to pull your pants up above your ass embrace the consequence.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Liberty is the freedom to do that which you wish.... along with the consequences that result.

Wear the baggy pants.... and when you are tagged as a jackass without enough sense to pull your pants up above your ass embrace the consequence.
    Sure, a consequence might be that you don't talk to somebody sagging their pants. But government bans on a clothing trend? That is not compatible with liberty and freedom.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    Saggin.jpg

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    People get their panties in a wad about Sharia Law taking over the country, but don't bat an eye when social conservatives right here in America ban things that don't fit their morals. Please have some consistency people. I don't want any damn Fashion Police ticketing me because my clothes don't meet Government standards. If police are so bored that they have to fine people over clothing offenses then maybe we could stand to have a smaller police force. Get a life.

fashion-police-metal-2.jpg

Yeah, let's compare pull your pants up with public stoning for being alone in public with someone of the opposite sex. Brilliant.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I watched one of those prison shows and an inmate started laughing about saggy drawers. He said it originated in prison as a sign that you were..umm, "open for bidness" if you know what I mean! So now I laugh whenever I see it!

Plus, whats the point of walking around with one hand constantly holding your belt?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Yeah, let's compare pull your pants up with public stoning for being alone in public with someone of the opposite sex. Brilliant.

More of a comparison of "You! Pull up your pants!" with "You! Woman! Cover every part of yourself except your eyes!"

Yes, the penalties are far different, but the fact remains that the purpose of the law is identical: Control people's manner of dress, rather than allow them the freedom to do so themselves. The difference in penalties reminds me of the very wealthy man who asks a woman at a cocktail party if she would sleep with him for a million dollars. "Certainly!", she replied, seeing dollar signs. "How about for 20 bucks?"
    "Of course not! What kind of girl do you think I am?", she answered indignantly
    "We've already established that. Now we're just negotiating price."

People don't need to be controlled until they commit an act of violence (including the threat of it that some states other than this call "assault") that shows they cannot or will not control themselves. Laws like this are simply using the force of government to make happen what some people want but don't have the strength to make happen on their own, kinda like calling their Big Brother (double entendre intentional) to fight their battles for them, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    More of a comparison of "You! Pull up your pants!" with "You! Woman! Cover every part of yourself except your eyes!"

Yes, the penalties are far different, but the fact remains that the purpose of the law is identical: Control people's manner of dress, rather than allow them the freedom to do so themselves. The difference in penalties reminds me of the very wealthy man who asks a woman at a cocktail party if she would sleep with him for a million dollars. "Certainly!", she replied, seeing dollar signs. "How about for 20 bucks?"
    "Of course not! What kind of girl do you think I am?", she answered indignantly
    "We've already established that. Now we're just negotiating price."

People don't need to be controlled until they commit an act of violence (including the threat of it that some states other than this call "assault") that shows they cannot or will not control themselves. Laws like this are simply using the force of government to make happen what some people want but don't have the strength to make happen on their own, kinda like calling their Big Brother (double entendre intentional) to fight their battles for them, IMHO.

Blessings,
    Bill

I don't disagree with your comparison at all. Full disclosure: I don't care about saggy pants. But (unlike you) comparing the totality of Sharia with saggy pants makes one willfully obtuse, IMHO.

Top Bottom