• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    can anyone tell me about there experience with them, like how they function or any problems that have occuried. thanks for any info you can give me.

I have no personal experience with them. Never shot one, never even HELD one.

That said, from what I've heard and read, if I find one I can afford, I'll bring it home!

I've heard NOTHING bad about them. Only, WOW!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Several INGO members (myself included) own Saiga-12s; the gun has been discussed here a number of times in the recent past. I suggest you start your info quest by making use of the forum's Search function.

Oh, and welcome to :ingo:

50bmgshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have the 12...its alot of fun. I have not had any problems with it so far(had it about 2 1/2 months). Put the SGM tri-rail handguard and the tapco adj. stock w/pistol grip on it. looks good and functions great. the factory 5rd mags are good....but i had to go with the 10rd mags from AGP Arms. You can order them right off the Saiga website....or shop around for better prices. Ialso put a muzzle brake on mine...also made by SGM. Nothing says I love you like ten rounds of 00 buck!

Wesley Willis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    Indiana
    2 of my friends and I shot over 700 rounds through my SAIGA 12 in a day and a half. If I remember correctly, we did not have one single issue with it. 700+ consecutive flawless rounds is an A+ in my book. And being a semi-auto shotgun, we did NOT go easy on it. And it did not go easy on us, but something about a bruised shoulder is cool to me. I have mine converted, with the trigger group moved forward and the pistol grip in the proper place. I removed the factory BHO as it was occasionally hanging up on me.

emclean

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    porter county (NWI)
    i have had no problems with my S-12's (I have two, and had them for four or five years) and havent had any problems with them. the S-20 have issues if you use a 3" mag, with 2 3/4 shells with out reversing the follower.

i get a huge grin from fireing off a dozen shells as fats as i can pull the trigger, even when i still don't break the clay. if you can find one for a decent price, get it.

sartwell

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    New Haven
    I've only had mine for one week today so this might not help a lot, but my son and I took it to the range Sat. and ran slugs and 00 buck through it for a couple of hours. We didn't have a single problem. I'm glad I picked it up, it's a lot of fun to shoot.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    I heard that if wou leave the mags loaded for a day or so that the top shell will flatten out at the plastic part because of the force of the other shells behind it and cause feeding problems. Anyone ever encountered this problem?

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I heard that if wou leave the mags loaded for a day or so that the top shell will flatten out at the plastic part because of the force of the other shells behind it and cause feeding problems. Anyone ever encountered this problem?

IME, the phenomenon is greatly overblown, seems to be somewhat load-dependent, and takes way more than "a day or so". On my house gun, I check the mag every few months and if any deformation is found, I change out the top round. The Winchester Ranger and Federal LE133 00 that are my preferred defensive loads have not shown any tendency to deform, even after several months.

And FWIW, all of the "deformed" rounds of various sorts that I have pulled, have never failed to feed or fire.

emclean

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    porter county (NWI)
    from what i ungerstand the issue is only with a mag loaded into the gun. over at teh saiga forum some of the guys have drilled a hole through the top of the mag, and put in a citter pin with a ring for easy removal.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Saiga12 forum is a great place to start. My only suggestion is to function test it before dropping big bucks on a conversion.

That said, this is my favorite shooting platform.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Gotta be one of the funner things I've played with. One suggestion - most people overlook the Saiga 410 because it lacks the punch of the 12. I've worked with both and I find the 410 to be a blast to blow stuff up with. 15 shots of 410 buckshot is nothing to sneeze at. And you don't have to call in for shoulder surgery the next day... :D

That said, 12's have the cool factor, and more accessories.

Joeyidgaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Indiana
    I have 5 of them and have never had 1 problem. They come apart easy, the parts are interchangeable, and anyone can work on them. I have 6 drums and 10 mags.

Top Bottom