• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Probably 1/3 of the people on here have shot one at one time or another.

That leaves about 1/2 to 7/8 that have not.

I looking to get one myself.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Haha Dude, don't open this can of worms unless you're ready to drop some serious cash! :spend:

There should be some awesome pics posted in this thread. There's some guys with beautiful Saiga's on here.

:postpics:

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Saiga's are fun guns especially when using drums. They can be finicky out of the box with cheap ammo and after converted, may be more so. The price has sky rocketed in the last month from fears of ATF import ban and DD classification. I've got 1100 in mine after conversion, drum and mag purchase. 600 was for the gun. They used to be, like, 300 dollars.:rolleyes:

IndyS12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Zionsville, IN
    My Saiga's pretty great. When I got it it had trouble feeding low-brass stuff, but I worked over a couple of the usual problem areas on them and now it's about 99% on feeding stuff (every 100 rounds might give me 1 or 2 FTE's). I'm happy with it now, but some day I might convert it to not use the Tapco stocks and make sure all of my ports are opened up properly.
    That brings up a good point: if you get one, check to see how many gas ports it has, along with how many. The amount and size of them varies quite a bit from batch to batch.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Anybody shoot one before?.

Yes. :):

P1010068.jpg

mark_saiga.jpg

DSCN2856.jpg

Joeyidgaf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Indiana
    maybe I am a sucker, but I bought 9 of them!! Got a good deal and went with it. They are fun to shoot and I am going to keep 8 of them NIB and sell them in 10 years. Lol

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    Bought mine back in '09 and converted it last fall using parts from Carolina Shooter's Supply. Tapco T6 stock broke and so I went with a Warsaw replacement. It punishes your shoulder but so far mine feeds everything I throw at it.

Next on my list is a Saiga .308.

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Mine is a 3 port gun and they were only.075, with one of them partially blocked. I drilled them out to .096 and opened the inlet on the gas block so they were all fully exposed. I profiled the bolt hammer and carrier as well. It eats anything I put in it now, without a hitch. I used CSS parts with a Hogue grip and Warsaw sized stock along with a CSS tri rail fore end and aluminum fore grip. Nice looking and effective.

Top Bottom