Saiga 5.45 Conversion. Before and after pics.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Hey everyone. Here are a few pics of my Saiga 5.45 conversion that I did this past weekend.

Tromix Trigger, Zig zag muzzle brake (the real one), Tapco furniture, bulgarian FSB with bayo lug, east german bayonet, surplus ak74 cleaning rod

Before (stock picture)
    Saiga7.jpg

After
    Saiga1.jpg

Saiga6.jpg

Saiga4.jpg

Saiga3.jpg

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Looks good! Congrats!

Now take some Citristrip (paint stripper) to that mag. A lot of them are Russian plums that have been painted black. Unfortunately the Russian markings have been ground off on most of them.

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Looks good! I agree with shooter, not the furniture I would have gone with but it's your rifle and if you like it that's what matters!

Looks good! Congrats!

Now take some Citristrip (paint stripper) to that mag. A lot of them are Russian plums that have been painted black. Unfortunately the Russian markings have been ground off on most of them.
    What?!? You mean the made in Bulgaria stickers were a lie? :rolleyes: :D The Bulgarians have gotten ingenuitive thanks to K-Var. I have at least one where that black-magic-makes-all-things-made-in-Bulgaria-paint coming off to expose the true Russian plum. Really a sad thing they did to those mags. I haven't done the Citristrip yet mostly because then know I'm going to have to get some plum furniture to go with it.

I do have two real Bulgarian mags that are Circle 10 and 21. The 21 causes an occasion failure to feed which I think is caused by a bad spring.

Top Bottom