• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthBendIN

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Hey everyone, Ok I am in the process of gathering parts for a Saiga 5.45 to AK74 conversion. In the long run I want my muzzle to include the true AK74 muzzle brake with a bayonet lug. The hangup I'm having is that I want the front sight to be a flip-up sight so it doesn't get in the way when I add a red dot rear sight in the future. Here is what I want but with some kind of flip up front sight:

AK74bayonet.jpg

I've emailed Dinzag and he told me the only option he has it to buy the muzzle brake attachment that has the bayo lug then hack the front sight off and mount a picatinny rail on it then add a flip up front sight. Dinzag's muzzle brake attachment looks like this:

AK167B.jpg

There must be a better way so I was thinking if I get something that looks like this, that has the bayo lug on it already I can then thread the muzzle and add a AK74 style muzzle brake in the future:

41-B-L-2T.jpg

This is all assuming the Saiga muzzle brake is held together by pins and can come off pretty easy. If not it looks like I'm hacking away no matter what.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The issue is going to be the height of the front sight tower, and whether it will work properly with the AK rear sight. Since most of the flip-up front sights you'll find are designed to work with an AR-15 type platform (higher sight-over-bore), you can expect issues.

Top Bottom