• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I've got a Saiga 12 shotgun and sometimes it has issues cycling the low brass shells. I've read online that you can get an adjustable gas puck that solves this issue. I was wondering if anyone here has had the same issues and/or put the adjustable gas puck on the shotgun.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo

I use this in my Saiga. The gas regulator has 6 positions for various loads, the puck has modified geometry, and it has a weaker front spring (Saigas have 2). I haven't run into anything too low powered yet for that combo. However, I don't recommend 3in magnums with the lightened spring, it beats on the rear trunnion and carrier.

Some Saiga shotguns have been know to have misaligned gas blocks and that has lead to some issues cycling low powered shells. There are smiths who can fix that, I've also seen bubba take a hand drill to it with decent success.

I have no experience with this personally, but have heard good things about it. It basically allows you to tune your gas to the minimum it needs to cycle low brass and a spring diaphragm vents the excess pressure of high brass. This could also help if you don't like the idea of manually changing the gas setting between different loads.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom