• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Ok I was in Buckshot guns the other day and they had a few saiga shotguns in stock and I had never seen one until then. I really like the way they look and felt but was wanting so info on how they shoot. They had them at what I thought was a good price compared to other stores on line that I looked them up at. They had them at $830.00, is that a fair price?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Ok I was in Buckshot guns the other day and they had a few saiga shotguns in stock and I had never seen one until then. I really like the way they look and felt but was wanting so info on how they shoot. They had them at what I thought was a good price compared to other stores on line that I looked them up at. They had them at $830.00, is that a fair price?

i've seen them for $628:yesway:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    It is amazing what the ATF and import issues can do to price, $500 early to mid last year.

HAHAHA, when i was first looking for a gun 3 months or so ago, i was seeing them for 300 bucks +or- ....

That being said, i was in a local gunshop the other day and was talking to a guy behind the counter, and he was saying that the prices are starting to drop since they WILL NOT be banned. So if price is an issue, wait it out and the saiga 12's should be back down to a reasonable price here in the next few months.

MJ06IU

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Indy

I saw them for hundreds less at Plainfield Shooting Supplies......I was actually considering one myself.

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Price wise, it depends if they'd had the trigger conversions. I just bought a couple unconverted ones for $650 ea.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So if price is an issue, wait it out and the saiga 12's should be back down to a reasonable price here in the next few months.

"Reasonable" is also relative. Izhmash is bringing Saigas in directly now via their US affiliate, and they have this capitalism thing pretty well figured out... the days of $400 or even $500 Saiga-12s are LONG gone.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    "Reasonable" is also relative. Izhmash is bringing Saigas in directly now via their US affiliate, and they have this capitalism thing pretty well figured out... the days of $400 or even $500 Saiga-12s are LONG gone.

Glad I picked mine up from you guys when I did. :yesway: for the pre-inventory sale. It was worth the 1.5 hour drive.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    HAHAHA, when i was first looking for a gun 3 months or so ago, i was seeing them for 300 bucks +or- ....

That being said, i was in a local gunshop the other day and was talking to a guy behind the counter, and he was saying that the prices are starting to drop since they WILL NOT be banned. So if price is an issue, wait it out and the saiga 12's should be back down to a reasonable price here in the next few months.

If you saw Saiga SHOTGUNS for $300 a few months ago, you should have bought everything they had. I haven't seen them that cheap in years.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    It is amazing what the ATF and import issues can do to price, $500 early to mid last year.
    Under $200 ten years ago and then moved to fair priced at $250.

$800 and up buy a Benelli or Beretta. Market will stall on Saigas at those prices and they will drop back down to $500's or I guess $600's like Shooter says. Resist or buy used.

My last Saiga of any kind was around $300, a .308..............I bought it from Shooter.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU

Like the price of homes, it'll drop;), remember the "LAW" supply & demand:twocents:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio

Like the price of homes, it'll drop;), remember the "LAW" supply & demand:twocents:

There is plenty of demand for them at the $600 range......:n00b:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    There is plenty of demand for them at the $600 range......:n00b:

When I was looking for a semi-auto shotgun last year the SAIGA 12 were too much money, so I bought two brand NEW BENELLI M1 SUPER 90, if it's good enough for MILITARY & LAW ENFORCEMENT then it should be ok for me;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    If you saw Saiga SHOTGUNS for $300 a few months ago, you should have bought everything they had. I haven't seen them that cheap in years.

3-4 months ago all over gunbroker.com, they were going for roughly the same price as mossberg 500's and remington 870's, i had no idea prices were going to skyrocket as i didnt hear about the ATF trying to ban them until prices were already 600+ ... im willing to bet in the next 6 months they will be back down, i laugh at the suckers who paid 1k for a shotgun with no mods

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    3-4 months ago all over gunbroker.com, they were going for roughly the same price as mossberg 500's and remington 870's, i had no idea prices were going to skyrocket as i didnt hear about the ATF trying to ban them until prices were already 600+ ... im willing to bet in the next 6 months they will be back down, i laugh at the suckers who paid 1k for a shotgun with no mods

I can wait, till then I'll just play with the BENELLI M1 SUPER 90:D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I have a Saiga in my room in Mazar, AFG, 12 ga. Not bad, shoots nice, have to use high brass cases with it. We got them from Minister of Interior and they came with scopes, green lasers and flash lights attached. I took all of that off. Who needs it on a defensive shotgun in a house fight, if the bad guys get past the three guards with AK's.

Top Bottom