Sale of long gun to Illinois resident (?)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    To echo what's already been said, pay the $25 and do an FFL if you want to sell the gun. For an expensive gun what's another $25?
    Not worth the potential felony. Any legal trouble will cost you at minimum 100X more that what you're saving.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    To echo what's already been said, pay the $25 and do an FFL if you want to sell the gun. For an expensive gun what's another $25?
    Not worth the potential felony. Any legal trouble will cost you at minimum 100X more that what you're saving.
    $25 is $25.... which is money wasted here. Plus the cost of shipping.

If it's legal, which selling to an FFL01 holder is, regardless of their residence - then why add extra steps (i.e. shipping, money) not required by law?

Get his FOID card number and run it through this site and then you will know if he is legal to own the gun. If this comes back as valid you can go from there, if not I would report him to the BATF or FBI.
    We're in Indiana, we don't care about FOID nonsense.

I do not know how to verify an FFL but I would also want to do that before doing a F to F in Indiana.
    Easy - The BATFE has an online check for FFL01. Just type in the number and hit "go".

If you do the F to F to his FFL you are done and can walk away.
    This. Have him email you a copy ahead of time, check it, save the email.

If he holds an FFL01, then for this to work, it needs to go into his bound book. But that's on him, not you.

He's not holding an FFL03, is he? If so, and the gun is not C&R status, then stop. If it is a C&R and firearm, then... I'm not exactly sure, I think it's still good. FYI, FFL03's cannot be checked online (unless that changed).

HKUSP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Danville, IN
    Sarcasm? The THR thread proves nothing, unless you know that the posters are qualified to make those statements.

Why take any risk for $25 or $50? Do it by the book or not at all.

Well, I did preface the link with "For what it is worth".

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom