• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    Title says it all, I know they're not that clear of pictures, but I was just curious if these are two decent bucks or the same one. What do you think?

IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg

JStarr

Shooter
    Rating - 95%
    19   1   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Portland
    They appear to be different to me. Int the first picture, the palmation on the main beam right side around the G3 appears to be pretty promanent. In the second picture, it looks like the main beam is rounded around the G3 and his body appears to be bigger. Looks like you me youve got a couple good sized bucks roaming the woods. dont shoot your does till late in the season if you want to keep them around. just a tip. take it or leave it. good luck!

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I agree....to me the second picture buck appears to have a larger body, back end. His back appears flatter and the neck join to the shoulders appear broader. Could be the first pic is closer but I think deer two is bigger.

dcary7

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    East Coast
    awesome. Thanks, yeah that's what I was thinking/hoping! I saw one buck today that was a monster, but had no shot. Checked my cam and had a buck on there. I am not taking any does till rut is over or I tag out my buck. thanks for the opinions. Got TONS of does running the area.

dcary7

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    They appear to be different to me. Int the first picture, the palmation on the main beam right side around the G3 appears to be pretty promanent. In the second picture, it looks like the main beam is rounded around the G3 and his body appears to be bigger. Looks like you me youve got a couple good sized bucks roaming the woods. dont shoot your does till late in the season if you want to keep them around. just a tip. take it or leave it. good luck!
    I think the "palmation" you are seeing is actually the left beam doubled up right near the right beam giving the appearance of a prominent palmation in the perspective of the camera.

Either way, the 2nd deer does appear a bit larger, although once again it could be the perspective of the camera, it looks like the 2nd deer may be spooked and was caught just as he was dropping down to dart off... I'd like to see a pic of him standing/walking as normal.

ALB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    They look different to me. If you're really lucky you'll get to witness those two banging heads.

Top Bottom