• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    From over-population directly to extinction!

No down side! :):

I'm someone who ACTUALLY is an adoptee, adopted at birth.
    If you're not an adoptee, you have NO CLUE how it feels to grow up as an adopted child.

When you're a kid, you hate anything that makes you feel different from the other kids.

As a kid, I grew up feeling different enough from the other kids because i was adopted as it was.

If I'd had homosexual adoptive parents, it would've just added MORE to the issue.

I'm sorry that was your experience, but I know adopted children who weren't/aren't similarly burdened. There's more to it than just being adopted.

That said, I do think that there is an unjustified risk of adding unnecessary drama to a child's life by placement in a same-sex parent household.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by edporch
    If you're not an adoptee, you have NO CLUE how it feels to grow up as an adopted child.

When you're a kid, you hate anything that makes you feel different from the other kids.

As a kid, I grew up feeling different enough from the other kids because i was adopted as it was.

If I'd had homosexual adoptive parents, it would've just added MORE to the issue.

No down side! :):

I'm sorry that was your experience, but I know adopted children who weren't/aren't similarly burdened. There's more to it than just being adopted.

That said, I do think that there is an unjustified risk of adding unnecessary drama to a child's life by placement in a same-sex parent household.

DON'T get me wrong, I was adopted at birth by wonderful parents and was raised in a family and relatives who've always treated me as blood.

I've had a GREAT life, and was given every advantage! :D

But to paint a picture that it's NOT common to feel different from the other kids when you're adopted, and everybody around you knows you're adopted isn't reality.

Most all fellow adoptees I've met did feel different to some degree in looking back on their young childhood.
    And fellow adoptees are most frank with each other, because we understand each other in a way that non-adoptees can't.

I don't hate homosexuals, they're free to live their lives.
    But if I'd grown up adopted in the mid 1950's with adoptive homosexual parents in the small town i grew up in, my life as a kid would've been hell.

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Quote:

DON'T get me wrong, I was adopted at birth by wonderful parents and was raised in a family and relatives who've always treated me as blood.

But to paint a picture that it's NOT common to feel different from the other kids when you're adopted, and everybody around you knows you're adopted isn't reality.

Most all fellow adoptees I've met did feel different to some degree in looking back on their young childhood.
    And fellow adoptees are most frank with each other, because we understand each other in a way that non-adoptees can't.

But if I'd grown up adopted in the mid 1950's with adoptive homosexual parents in the small town i grew up in, my life as a kid would've been hell.

Imagine growing up black in the same setting.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Quote:
    Quote:

Imagine growing up black in the same setting.

Actually, during my growing up years in this small town, we had a few black people at our local in town college and Mexicans.
    I went to school with some Mexican kids, and I don't remember them being picked on or getting a hard time.
    Course in those days, their attitude was one of speaking English and being a part of American culture.

I even remember that they had an outreach type program, where ever Summer some black kids from Gary would come down and stay for a few days.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i am so over the gay argument.

want to base your argument on the social aspect? yeah, great point. what's worse, an abusive or neglectful father in a hetero couple or two loving fathers in a gay pairing?

want to argue the religious standpoint? fine, but you better be squeaky clean. every thing we do as animals is pretty much a 'sin'

its hard to stand your ground when we're all knee-deep in mud.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    gay_zpsd36d7a4a.gif

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    It is best for a child to be raised by a father and a mother who are married and are mutually respectful of each other.It does not matter who agrees or disagrees,this is the truth.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

Outstanding post.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    My sister is gay and she just recently just adopted a young boy from a drug addict mother that moved from crack house to crack house looking for a fix. Anyone that says this kid is better of otherwise based on religious principals is completely off there rocker. I'm not saying I agree with her life style but she's happy and a great mother,sister and aunt.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think that ANYONE who loves protects and cares for a child in need is one of the most selfless and heroic people in the world no matter what personal lifestyle choice they make. Anyone who steps in the way should mind their own business and raise their own kids how they feel is right according to their beliefs.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My sister is gay and she just recently just adopted a young boy from a drug addict mother that moved from crack house to crack house looking for a fix. Anyone that says this kid is better of otherwise based on religious principals is completely off there rocker. I'm not saying I agree with her life style but she's happy and a great mother,sister and aunt.

What the snarks on here fail to recognize is that the argument against same sex parents isn't judged against the worst-case scenario that the child could suffer. Rather, it is against the best case scenario that the child should have. In the view of some, when we start accepting less acceptable scenarios to ward of worst-case scenarios, we aren't really doing the the child or society any favors. The argument has merit; if we are making a choice in the best interest of the child, then why settle?

On a side note: I do find it ironic that the ones who are arguing that same sex parents are a perfectly acceptable compromise, in an effort to remove the child from the hell he had, are the same ones that refuse to make such a compromise--and for the exact same reason, I might add--in certain other areas of socio-political realms.

As for the religious principle, in an effort not to violate the rulez, I will do my best to keep this to an academic statement: considering that the religious view is held not because of some arbitrary adherence to overly-puritanical mores, but a belief that someone's very soul is at stake, surely you can see that the "tolerant" view point takes a distant 435th spot to eternal damnation.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    What the snarks on here fail to recognize is that the argument against same sex parents isn't judged against the worst-case scenario that the child could suffer. Rather, it is against the best case scenario that the child should have. In the view of some, when we start accepting less acceptable scenarios to ward of worst-case scenarios, we aren't really doing the the child or society any favors. The argument has merit; if we are making a choice in the best interest of the child, then why settle?

what you're arguing is, a wholesome hetero couple vs a wholesome homosexual pairing. while in truth, a traditional family is probably best for a traditional upbringing, realize one tried and true fact - nearly 50% of marriages end in divorce. this by definition fits the standard of 'dysfunctional.' chuck in a step-parent and the situation snowballs. you can't hold 'traditional marriage' as an issue when half of them fail. some, that dont SHOULD fail, but they 'stay together for the kids', which honestly, lends itself to an entirely different brand of dysfunction.

As for the religious principle, in an effort not to violate the rulez, I will do my best to keep this to an academic statement: considering that the religious view is held not because of some arbitrary adherence to overly-puritanical mores, but a belief that someone's very soul is at stake, surely you can see that the "tolerant" view point takes a distant 435th spot to eternal damnation.
    as far as that goes, thats a personal choice. if i decide to go to hell, thats my choice. those that follow me are subject to the same personal decisions.

i sinned tonight. in about 20 different ways. it was awesome. will i go to hell? maybe. but its my ****ing persuasion to decide what i do. did it harm you, or the way you raise your family?

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Well religion is a very subjective issue I personally don't believe any of it and the bed time story of me going to a fiery inferno holds about the same weight as Santa squeezing down my chimney. I don't feel anyone has the right to deprive others their rights based on their subjective religious views. In this case a child is in a better place plain and simple.

Top Bottom