• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    We just got the S3s and love them. For some reason my battery only lasts 1/2 a day, but my wife's lasts all day and into the night. Does anyone know why this is so? We both have the battery saver indicators checked.
    Turn off wifi and Bluetooth when not in use or anticipating use. Turn down your brightness and set the auto-screen dim to it's minimum setting.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    We went from BB to S3, and from a basic to S3. Was at a point where Nextel was being phased out and to go to Sprint was going to cost 40.00 more per month just for the BB service. Made Verizon affordable in comparison and the coverage area much improved in my area.

I do miss the direct connect but love the phone so much more. We have the 2g of data on a shared plan and have not come near using .1g much less 2g.

Interesting side bar. When starting a new plan, your usage is prorated. When porting out, you are charged to the end of the billing cycle. Therefore, if you are 1 day into the next cycle (or 8 days, ahem), you will be charged for the entire cycle. OW...

We love the new phones and service.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I just got delivered my Otterbox Defender case for my S4.

Nice case, and it really protects it.
    They come in a variety of colors.

Amazon.com: Otterbox 77-27770 Defender Series and Holster Case for Samsung Galaxy S 4 - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Raspberry: Cell Phones & Accessories

I got one off eBay. I'm a big believer in the Otterbox products, have one on my old phone, and on my tablet. I'm hoping mine gets here soon, I'm very nervous about the new phone being unprotected. The S4 is supposed to be delivered today, the Otterbox, by Saturday. :nailbite:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm not a big fan of cases. I liked my S2 because it had Gorilla Glass, and the S4 has the latest iteration of that. I take care not to drop my phone, too. A case takes a slim, well-designed phone and just makes it bulky and unpleasant.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Whether to use a case or not is a personal preference.

In my situation, experience has shown me that no matter how careful i am, I need some protection from dirt and drops.

But even without a case, I would still at least recommend the clear protective film for the screen, even though it has Gorilla Glass.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm not a big fan of cases. I liked my S2 because it had Gorilla Glass, and the S4 has the latest iteration of that. I take care not to drop my phone, too. A case takes a slim, well-designed phone and just makes it bulky and unpleasant.

I hate them too, it's just so easy to scratch these things. Even if you drop it in your pocket with keys it seems to put little scratches all over.

Might just go with a screen protector this time, I haven't decided yet. If I do get a case it will be a very thin one.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I got one off eBay. I'm a big believer in the Otterbox products, have one on my old phone, and on my tablet. I'm hoping mine gets here soon, I'm very nervous about the new phone being unprotected. The S4 is supposed to be delivered today, the Otterbox, by Saturday. :nailbite:

You'll love both!

This is my first Otterbox product, and I am impressed.

This Defender case is nice!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I hate them too, it's just so easy to scratch these things. Even if you drop it in your pocket with keys it seems to put little scratches all over.

Might just go with a screen protector this time, I haven't decided yet. If I do get a case it will be a very thin one.

Nothing ever goes in the same pocket as my phone, and the screen always goes against my leg in case I accidentally bump into a table or something. I've never had so much as a scratch as long as I've had Gorilla Glass phones.

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I know our Galaxy tablet is really slick and slippery, I was so afraid one of us would drop it, so invested in a Defender case for it. The ones for tablets are pricey, but good. I tend to take good care of my phones, but I've still had a few drops over the years. Years ago, I left a cheap phone in my jacket pocket after working with one of the dogs, and washed it. :(

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Nothing ever goes in the same pocket as my phone, and the screen always goes against my leg in case I accidentally bump into a table or something. I've never had so much as a scratch as long as I've had Gorilla Glass phones.

You sound like me. I wear cargo pants all the time. Phone goes in my left pocket, screen against my leg. Keys go in my right pocket a long with a pen and a light. Everything else goes in my cargo pockets.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    You sound like me. I wear cargo pants all the time. Phone goes in my left pocket, screen against my leg. Keys go in my right pocket a long with a pen and a light. Everything else goes in my cargo pockets.

That's my usual procedure as well, but occasionally my brain slips and it ends up in the same pocket as my knife or my keys and that doesn't end well :(

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    I've been real happy w/my S3 so far. You could not, however, pay me enough $ to go back to AT&T. Sprint never had the coverage I wanted, driving a semi.
    Verizon Mobile been berry gud 2 me. If I have a problem I can always find a native english speaker to solve it for me.
    I'd prefer to use mine w/o a case but, clunky as this bodyglove thing is, it protects against clumsy, despicable me. If I can't fit it in my pocket I usually can't run it through the washer.:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've been real happy w/my S3 so far. You could not, however, pay me enough $ to go back to AT&T. Sprint never had the coverage I wanted, driving a semi.

Yeah, no disagreement there. AT&T has the best coverage. Sprint's is the worst. But even with Sprint's poorer coverage, I'd still rather do business with them. I'm rarely in the deep woods when I suddenly have an urgent need to make a phone call.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    First of all, love my S3, got it off fellow INGO member Gbuck because he wanted to go back to the dark side because of IPWS

I-Phone Withdrawal Syndrome

Mine is an upgrade from an S2, which I also liked, but the S4 is way better. I understand that it's not a big leap from the S3, though.

S4 is not a big leap, but there has been plenty of improvements, matter of fact, they have releases a new update for the S3 that has a lot of the S4's software improvements.

We just got the S3s and love them. For some reason my battery only lasts 1/2 a day, but my wife's lasts all day and into the night. Does anyone know why this is so? We both have the battery saver indicators checked.

Press and hold the home key, it will bring up the active app menu, swipe them all of to the side so they will not be running.

With medium usage I can go from 5:15 to 8pm on most days, I do turn off the WiFi so it's not pinging itself to death looking for a signal.

Another thing to watch out for is apps that ping your gps location constantly, it's a big drainer on the battery.

Might I add, I have the screen set to full power and no battery save functions.

ggglobert9

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Ft Wayne
    Just got the S4 for my kid at Bestbuy. Found out they will match Amazon for accessories if you find it and don't want to wait on shipping. Zagg screen protector for $7.86 on Amazon...Bestbuy was at $25.99. Otterbox Defender on Amazon was 24.86...Bestbuy was $39.99. Saved quite a bit with match and didn't have to wait with anxious kid wanting to know if it had shipped yet everyday.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    My boss just got an S4 and I helped him get it all setup. After working on it for a bit I picked up my Droid Incredible 2 (black Friday freebie, I'm too cheap to pay for a phone), and it felt absolutely tiny!

Top Bottom