• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    IMI recommended Concrete sand, as its finer than fill sand. they quoted me 11.50 per ton for fill sand, 14 dollars per ton for concrete sand.... Crazy how the prices terminology and quanties vary so much from entity to entity.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    i worked in a gravel pit for 8 yrs. i have mason sand aka fine wash sand, aka QA 30 aka ???. just tell them what u want it for and they will know. also used under pools.

for 1500 pounds at employee cost was under $3,

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i worked in a gravel pit for 8 yrs. i have mason sand aka fine wash sand, aka QA 30 aka ???. just tell them what u want it for and they will know. also used under pools.

for 1500 pounds at employee cost was under $3,

I wish I could find the stuff for that price. Its actually cheaper for me to pay a guy with a triaxle 250 dollars for 15 tons, than it is for me to make two 1.5 hour round trips with my dump trailer for 12 tons.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The anti-cat trick we used:

Window screen. Yep. It keeps animals from making it a latrine, and when it rains, it allows the sand to breathe and dry out quicker than a hard cover.

On one end, staple the screen to the top of the board. (fold it over several times for strength)
    On the other end, staple it to a treated 1x2. When the kids want in, simply roll the screen material around the 1x2 until it is out of the way.

10 years and not one tootsie roll in the sandbox. :rockwoot:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Since this will be going under the play set, I may just add a 3 foot high border of chicken wire and add a spring loaded gate if I have animal problems.

awames76

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    kendallville
    we do a corn maze in the fall [this year is 15th season] and have a small corn crib that we put shelled corn in for people to play in, after the maze closes we feed it to the animals. if u keep it dry its fun to play in.

as for the mason sand that was just over cost.

fill sand is usually just sand with rocks, its unprocessed sand aka bank run. we made 3 kinds of sand. mason which is really fine, the next coarser sand is 3/16 and smaller, used in asphalt, concrete. and the like. then the other is manufactured sand, we take rock and crush them into sand. its really expensive and super course and sharp.

Top Bottom