• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is sending all the messages that they want sent. Open up with a back-to-school scenario that we are all familiar with (It might even pass for an Office Depot commercial). Shock image of blood and schoolchildren tending to each others wounds. Engage the viewer with the "I Love You Mom" text. Close with a tear streaming girl hiding in a darkened bathroom stall with the sound of approaching footsteps.

It is brilliant, engaging and terrorizing. It is professional with A-1 production values. It is propaganda on a level that Goebbels would probably be proud of.

It is meant to shame gun owners and bring shame upon gun owners without ever having to make the direct point. It might even make your neighbors fear and loath you (gun owner).

If one just looks at what is being put out by the left your Goebbels reference is right on point yet we are the NAZI's.

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    Here's another if anyone cares: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8syQeFtBKc

Things to look for: a kid reading "PowerShooter" magazine, watching a Youtube gun video, gives the finger to a girl for "no reason", and gets bullied in the hallway (someone pulls off his headphones and he just stares at the floor). Apparently those things (and seeing only one incident of each event) is supposed to make you suspicious.

While watching the cutesy pseudo teen romance story unfold while listening to a nice lady singing a song about teenage angst while accompanied with an acoustic guitar you are supposed to somehow see the shock ending coming with a shooter showing up in the background.

They loop back to show you how you missed all the warning signs because you suck and you never know when it might happen while you just get-along-with-your-life and you're not paying attention.

IMO, It isn't nearly as effective as the first video posted by cbhausen.

I had no idea things had gone this far.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Here's another if anyone cares: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8syQeFtBKc

Things to look for: a kid reading "PowerShooter" magazine, watching a Youtube gun video, gives the finger to a girl for "no reason", and gets bullied in the hallway (someone pulls off his headphones and he just stares at the floor). Apparently those things (and seeing only one incident of each event) is supposed to make you suspicious.

While watching the cutesy pseudo teen romance story unfold while listening to a nice lady singing a song about teenage angst while accompanied with an acoustic guitar you are supposed to somehow see the shock ending coming with a shooter showing up in the background.

They loop back to show you how you missed all the warning signs because you suck and you never know when it might happen while you just get-along-with-your-life and you're not paying attention.

IMO, It isn't nearly as effective as the first video posted by cbhausen.

I had no idea things had gone this far.

Personally, I noticed that the shooter appeared to chamber a round on his evil AR-15 by running his hand well in front of the ejection port and pretty far up the barrel and pulling back, making a TV Gun Sound (tm).... which is weird, since even if it was a side charging upper, it would need to have a extended charging handle in a cocking tube, like an HK rifle. But what do I know? :dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Utter madness. Adam Lanza used a .gov-approved carbine, not an eeevil "assault weapon".

No eeevil bayonet lug, no flash suppressor, no folding or collapsing stock. All kosher.

AP_16320665215210.jpg

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I am with bwframe. I would like to see a PR advertising campaign for gun owners, maybe it could go something like this:

Open scene:
    Hi, my name is John Smith. I'm your neighbor and a responsible gun owner, so chances are that you don't even know that I enjoy shooting firearms.

Scene two:
    I'm Sally, a single mother of two. I am a gun owner because I am willing to take on the personal responsibility of defending myself and my kids if it becomes necessary.

Scene three:
    I'm Joe. No one in my household has ever been injured by one of our firearms because we believe that education, safety and responsibility are imperative.

I like your ideas, and to add a bit to that image:

Cut to late-twenties blonde woman:
    I am your child's teacher

Cut to late-fifties man in suit:
    I am your pastor

Cut to mid-thirties woman:
    I am your local realtor

Cut to 30-something man:
    I am the person next to you in the grocery store

Point being, show that responsible gun owners are citizens who we come into contact with every day. We are not the boogieman. We are not the criminal.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I like your ideas, and to add a bit to that image:

Cut to late-twenties blonde woman:
    I am your child's teacher

Cut to late-fifties man in suit:
    I am your pastor

Cut to mid-thirties woman:
    I am your local realtor

Cut to 30-something man:
    I am the person next to you in the grocery store

Point being, show that responsible gun owners are citizens who we come into contact with every day. We are not the boogieman. We are not the criminal.

Now, take this concept and widen the scope from one single person of each description to several, to several more and so on as the scene changes from a single person to a neighborhood to a region and eventually the entire USA.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    ....ya...oh ya...

-Then from stage left... dirtbag with trench coat walks to center stage, pulls out a huge menacing black gun.... like an AK-15 or Glock47.
    - Hero citizens surround dirtbag, pull their guns and blow him into a red mist (cue red mist cannon) that floats down over his empty trench coat and huge menacing black gun.
    -Multiple close-ups of hero citizens smirk-smiling while bobbing their heads with smoking guns lifted at a 45 angle.

Fade to black aaaaaaaaand CUT and PRINT.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Utter madness. Adam Lanza used a .gov-approved carbine, not an eeevil "assault weapon".

No eeevil bayonet lug, no flash suppressor, no folding or collapsing stock. All kosher.

AP_16320665215210.jpg
    That's not even a "weapon of war" It's just a plain old semi-automatic rifle that basically functions the same as an evil AR "assault weapon"

Top Bottom