Sandy Hook referenced in Dark Knight Rises movie?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    The fact the name is in the movie could potentially why the shooter chose that school, but his mother did work there and he murdered her before going after the kids. It's hard to say. He's dead and unless there was a detailed note explaining why he chose to do what he did, we will probably never know.

That's like blaming the guns for the shooting....

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    Leftist conspiracy to feed off of weak mentally challenged white males in their twenties, to commit horrific crimes, to shock the nation into to banning guns so they can take over the with their own agenda?

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Not exactly. He had a connection to that school, albeit a small one. Nothing like that is ever chosen at random. Even if the act isn't planned out thoroughly, the madman will made a decision as to where he wants to go commit his atrocity.

Putting statements out there is what gives fuel to those that oppose our rights....

Saying "that map was in a movie, so it COULD be why it happened at Sandy Hook", is the same as saying "Rappers rap about Glocks" or "Cabelas had a sale that day" and that's why they are used to kill people......there is nothing to blame except the shooter.

How about - "He did it there because he's a sick and twisted psychopath."

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Putting statements out there is what gives fuel to those that oppose our rights....

Saying "that map was in a movie, so it COULD be why it happened at Sandy Hook", is the same as saying "Rappers rap about Glocks" or "Cabelas had a sale that day" and that's why they are used to kill people......there is nothing to blame except the shooter.

How about - "He did it there because he's a sick and twisted psychopath."

You didn't interpret my original post correctly then. I SAID that because his MOTHER worked there, he had a connection to the school. I didn't say that the movie caused him to pick Sandy Hook.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    There is video of people saying the police pulled a second guy out of the woods and he kept saying "I didnt do it", They also said the mother was a substitute teachers there years ago. and then the weird deal with him having his brothers ID on him when his brother said he had not talked to him since 2010. Lot's of stuff that does not add up.

Derpacoon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Aug 18, 2012
    Indy
    Hey guys. This is interesting. However, if you search Sandy Hook on google it seems to be an area in new jersey that is a popular tourist place. Im sure there are also other instances of sandy hook around the US. It is very probable that the people who provide movie props just used an already existing map for the background prop. Not thinking it would gain much attention since it is covered by things and way zoomed out. It doesnt make sense for them to go through the effort to create a special map just for this movie or scene. I do admit it is quite the coincidence.

Just trying to apply some Occums Razor here(spelling?). That applies right.

My two cents, im not trying to stir up trouble.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    All the media is doing is making the shooter out to be a hero to other nut jobs. I'm tired of hearing about it. Let the families move on and heal. **** the media!

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Hey guys. This is interesting. However, if you search Sandy Hook on google it seems to be an area in new jersey that is a popular tourist place. Im sure there are also other instances of sandy hook around the US. It is very probable that the people who provide movie props just used an already existing map for the background prop. Not thinking it would gain much attention since it is covered by things and way zoomed out. It doesnt make sense for them to go through the effort to create a special map just for this movie or scene. I do admit it is quite the coincidence.

Just trying to apply some Occums Razor here(spelling?). That applies right.

My two cents, im not trying to stir up trouble.

Gotham is like NYC, so like you said they are just using some regular map I would agree with 100%.

Top Bottom