• ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No change. Like it or leave it.

I disagree absolutely. If the .gov is going to forcibly take my money for this type of thing, they can treat those in such a situation due to circumstances beyond their control with at least as much dignity as is given to multigenerational freeloaders who have no desire to live on their own efforts. Of course this does not surprise me as thieves tend to prefer their own kind.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    People don't have entertainment....
    Gee, if only there were stuff people could do...
    How did people live the last SEVERAL THOUSAND YEARS?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And I'm sure peoople in Haiti are probably feeling sorry for those people that haven't had power for a week.
    I understand, having less than you had, sucks.
    But you're alive, get over it. Rebuild. Learn from the experience.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Their tent, their rules. If you don't like it buy your own tent.

Once again, this is the fundamental error with the understanding that even generally right-thinking people have. It is NOT their tent, it is OUR tent bought with OUR money.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Yet they all are still chanting Obama will save us.

Only the sheep remain (the ones who voted for Obama). It's hard for a non-sheep to comprehend why they just don't walk away, but it's sort of like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47rQkTPWW2I

So I imagine that you guys think that Romney would have rode in on his golden unicorn and swept them all away to a 5 star resort in Hawaii? You must also believe that no republican would be dumb enough to ignore the warnings and not evacuate, or underestimate the aftermath of the storm. I myself am not Pro Obama, but i fail to see the correlation between the conditions of the tent towns and the President of the US:patriot:

Although I could be wrong and all of those people are sitting there thinking "Hmm, I wouldn't be sitting there today of the had just checked the other box"

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Once again, this is the fundamental error with the understanding that even generally right-thinking people have. It is NOT their tent, it is OUR tent bought with OUR money.
    No.

Your thinking is flawed thinking of anyone who wants to survive. Once you accept an invite in to THEIR tent, that they built, you are a refugee. Arguing semantics only works on the internet, in the real world once you submit, they own you. Your problem is you can not accept that they already took your money and made it theirs. Walk in to their tent and declare you own it. They have special tents for guys like you. Study out of sight out of mind and E&E, it might save your butt one day.

It goes all the way back to the Bedouins.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No.

Your thinking is flawed thinking of anyone who wants to survive. Once you accept an invite in to THEIR tent, that they built, you are a refugee. Arguing semantics only works on the internet, in the real world once you submit, they own you. Your problem is you can not accept that they already took your money and made it theirs. Walk in to their tent and declare you own it. They have special tents for guys like you. Study out of sight out of mind and E&E, it might save your butt one day.

It goes all the way back to the Bedouins.

You are telling me that you have conceded and consider yourself a subject of the empire? I will grant you that we are indeed hanging in the balance on this one, but I am not quite ready to give up yet.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You are telling me that you have conceded and consider yourself a subject of the empire? I will grant you that we are indeed hanging in the balance on this one, but I am not quite ready to give up yet.
    No.

It is just not your tent or my tent. Once they take our money, that is it, we lost that game. We are paying rent to live in this Country but I am sure as hell not walking into any form of free or subsidized Govt housing. That is what refugee camps are, govt housing.

All of it erected under the guise of "we are here to help." Which is how they justify taking more and more of our money in the first place, so we can all help each other in times of dire need. If I find myself a refugee, I will walk on past the tents, further down the road to a church, farm or whatever else and cut my own deal. I am not justifying their actions by taking their help and then have them confiscate my french fires.

Kimber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2011
    South Bend
    I would say Sandy gave everyone a wake up call. Sorry for their problems and discomfort but maybe now they will leave when asked to, can't leave maybe you should have taken them prepping shows a little more serious. When will people start thinking of self preservation?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I would say Sandy gave everyone a wake up call. Sorry for their problems and discomfort but maybe now they will leave when asked to, can't leave maybe you should have taken them prepping shows a little more serious. When will people start thinking of self preservation?

Never. People will always assume the government will be there to bail them out

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    No.

It is just not your tent or my tent. Once they take our money, that is it, we lost that game. We are paying rent to live in this Country but I am sure as hell not walking into any form of free or subsidized Govt housing. That is what refugee camps are, govt housing.

All of it erected under the guise of "we are here to help." Which is how they justify taking more and more of our money in the first place, so we can all help each other in times of dire need. If I find myself a refugee, I will walk on past the tents, further down the road to a church, farm or whatever else and cut my own deal. I am not justifying their actions by taking their help and then have them confiscate my french fires.

I don't disagree with you regarding how it works in practice, but I am not about to address it in any way that suggests that it is acceptable when it isn't.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    The government bought the tents. yes, i know they used what used to be our money, but now its theirs. Or, they could say, well, you own 1 millionth of the tent, and everyone else does not want you doing ABC in the tent, so we can use it for them later. Thus, why they make the rules. You live in their tent, you live by their rules. As already pointed out, oh no, you dont have entertainment, guess you should just be outside then, so you can complain about that too. Don't like the rules, move on. If not, don't complain.
    Just like at your job, most of them do not allow you to smoke inside the building, don't like it, quit the job and go find another. Same thing here.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I find it interesting how so many of you consider the government to be something so much more than it really is. Are those that comprise the gov. not the servants of US? There to do OUR bidding? You act as though the government and its agencies are some how omnipotent over us serfs....Freedom, Liberty and the Government we were given are all concepts that somehow seem to completely escape many of you, even a large majority of those that think they are "all 'bout it". Perhaps it is the public instruction we grew up with or perhaps it is just due to the fact that your views are ever so slightly to the right of those you surround yourselves with, I don't know.....Guatemala is looking more inviting every day. Each time I look around at the country and the people in it I see less and less reason to stay.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I find it interesting how so many of you consider the government to be something so much more than it really is. Are those that comprise the gov. not the servants of US? There to do OUR bidding? You act as though the government and its agencies are some how omnipotent over us serfs....Freedom, Liberty and the Government we were given are all concepts that somehow seem to completely escape many of you, even a large majority of those that think they are "all 'bout it". Perhaps it is the public instruction we grew up with or perhaps it is just due to the fact that your views are ever so slightly to the right of those you surround yourselves with, I don't know.....Guatemala is looking more inviting every day. Each time I look around at the country and the people in it I see less and less reason to stay.

:+1:

Top Bottom