• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Doesn't FL have the same type of preemption law as Indiana?

Florida's law is even stronger in that it holds the politicians personally responsible.

Anyone have a link to the ordinance? I would think anyone who voted for this just made themselves a whole bunch poorer.

Florida gun right groups are aggressive.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    They'll change their tune once their noggins are bouncing off the sidewalk.
    Oh well. Reality is a harsh mistress.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I had a no idea a neighborhood watch could force a person to act under their authority or that the state could regulate that same organization and its members.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    "The jury considered Zimmerman's self-defense claim in light of Florida's Stand Your Ground law, which rescinded the duty of citizens to try to retreat from a confrontation."

Uhm, I thought SYG was NOT used in the case..

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    "The jury considered Zimmerman's self-defense claim in light of Florida's Stand Your Ground law, which rescinded the duty of citizens to try to retreat from a confrontation."

Uhm, I thought SYG was NOT used in the case..
    It was'nt but even so, It's kinda hard to retreat from a confrontation when someone has you pinned to the ground bouncing your melon off the concrete. There was no evidence provided to prove the gun was drawn prior to that.

squidvt

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    Southport, IN
    It was'nt but even so, It's kinda hard to retreat from a confrontation when someone has you pinned to the ground bouncing your melon off the concrete. There was no evidence provided to prove the gun was drawn prior to that.
    The point is they didn't even invoke the Stand Your Ground laws. They just used the Self-Defense statues. However the anti-gun media can't get away Stand Your Ground.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    If you are carrying gun, and you use it in self defense will you be fired from your volunteer position?

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    "Neighborhood watch was formally organized in 1972 under the National Sheriffs' Association.".... NSA....

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    "Sanford's new rules are laid out in a more detailed handbook and will require neighborhood watch groups to undergo training, register members with the police department and regularly update their status with the department, Cordingly said."

So now you have to register with the government just to keep an eye on your own neighborhood. Oh, and you must be unarmed.

Gee, where do I sign up?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I had a no idea a neighborhood watch could force a person to act under their authority or that the state could regulate that same organization and its members.
    I was a Crime Watch "Captain", in Decatur Twp., some 20 years ago..... was told then, by Marion Co., Deputy, Under NO Circumstances, should I be armed, while "doing my duty" .....

Top Bottom